Chapter 6.5 - Girl's Talk

"Wow, they're good!" You mumble as you and the managers watch from the sideline, the managers helping pick up balls here and there. It was a typical practice day and everyone is doing their best as usual. Your attention is especially focused on the grumpy cat of the team.

"I think we're one of the best in this prefecture. Our power is to not be underestimated." The third-year manager mumbled, confident in everyone's skills.

"Woaah!"

"Uhmm.. Senpai?" The petite blonde manager mumbled.

"Yes?"

"Is Kinoshita-san, um, your boyfriend?" She asked, curious.

"Hitoka-chan, you shouldn't ask someone like that!" Kiyoko tells her in a semi-whisper tone.

"Eh?! I-I'm sorry!"

"Ah no, It's okay, he's just a classmate. We were just paired up for a task."

"I see..."

"So... you have a crush on him?" Yachi asks again.

"Wha- Is it that obvious?" You quickly averted your eyes from the grumpy cat to the other players.

"Well... It was just a guess... but I guess it's been proven."

"Can I tell you both a story about him?"

"Go ahead."

"Hehe... well he's been my crush since childhood... though he might not remember me."

"Childhood friends?" Kiyoko passed as she fills up the bottles with sports drinks and folding the towels.

"Ah no... It's more one-sided of me being a little goody-two-shoes and watching him from the sidelines. I shouted at him one time after a match about cheering on his teammates even though he doesn't get to play."

"I also lost my handkerchief there... it has a sentimental value on me."

"Wow, (L/n)-senpai must've been really amazing since before!" Yachi pointed.

"Hehe.. not really, I was just outspoken back then.. You all can call me (Y/n) by the way, I think I'll be hanging around with you guys more often... Since I want to see more of him... >//<"

"You're more than welcome here, (Y/n)." Shimizu said.

"Yeah! It's more awesome having more girls here!" Hitoka backed up.

"Thank you, and please keep the crush thing our secret, okay?" You replied back.

"Our mouths are shut tight, right, Hitoka-chan?" Kiyoko grinned a bit in which Tanaka and Nishinoya stared with awe, even the others as well.

"R-right!" Yachi replied as you three helped each other out with laughs and giggles along. It made the boys happy that the girls have become really happy.

"But be careful, (Y/n), I feel something very bad happening. Don't hesitate to approach us if something went wrong, okay?" Shimizu-senpai advised, feeling a very disastrous event that will happen.

"I think so too... Thank you very much!"

The characters aren't prepared on what was going to happen next.