Chapter 7 - Problem

The day came in which you felt the worst, but you still decided to go to school. It was raining. The sky looking flint gray sets off the mood for everyone, but you still tried to stay positive since you have someone you can rely on. You felt nauseous, but you were walking towards your building in the yards, with a guy you were very familiar with waiting in the entrance. It was Oujiyama Hideo*, the tennis club's ace. He is a popular student of Karasuno after he became the ace, with many women in his side.

"So... your answer?" He asked for the reply he was longing after he confessed way back. This was way before you got close with Hisashi.

"I think you're a great person, but I have somebody else that I like. I'm sorry, but we can be friends." You said as his face filled with shock. You immediately left afterward to avoid any awkward conversation.

Hisashi was able to witness the entire thing and was planning to chase after you until he made an eye-contact with Oujiyama. They stared at each other as if they were rivals.

"Oh." Oujiyama said in realization as he walked off afterward. Kinoshita felt as if he had just made an enemy. School started and you couldn't wait for their volleyball practice.

~Time skip~

You were in Chemistry class and you couldn't spot the grumpy cat person you liked. It made you worry a bit and thought he was just in the bathroom or skipped class. You dropped the bottle of beaker you were holding and immediately felt that something was wrong. You immediately excused yourself after cleaning up to look for Hisashi since he hasn't been in class the entire period. You ran around the entire building to look for him but was nowhere to be found.

The bell rang indicating that school is over, but you still couldn't find him. You went to the volleyball court since their training is starting, hoping to find him there. Everyone was there, including Ennoshita and Narita, but he still wasn't there. You asked everyone, and they didn't know where he went.

'There's a Chinese proverb that says that a red string of Fate connects those who are supposed to meet at some point in their lives.'

You ran around every place you knew, with the others looking with you. It was starting to dim, but the rain finally stopped.

'It is said that these two people connected by the thin red are destined lovers'

You split up with everyone, having a better chance to find him, but it seems that you have a hunch of where he might be. Everything became a blur, only focused on finding him.

'Their little bit of Fate might get tangled, and stretched, and beaten, but it will never break.'

Soaking wet, you ran straight and saw a silhouette of someone lying down in a patch of grass and a tree on the path you always walk on when you get home. Your vision immediately turned bright. So he was out of school all along.

'Through circumstances and time'

As you have gotten close, you see him all bruised up, clothes slightly torn, and his face had a grim expression. He looked very terrified.

'Fate will see them together in the end.'

"HISASHI!" You shouted, in which he turned his way with a slight smile. You saw his now frail appearance after he was beaten up.

"Who did this to you..?" You asked, teary-eyed as you immediately hug his body. He immediately shed some tears.

"(Y/n)." He replied. His voice cracked up with his dry throat. His condition looked bad.

"I'm sorry. I don't think we could hang out anymore or even be friends.." He said as he tries to stand up, walking slowly as he left your drenched, speechless figure in the dusk. 

(A/n) - *Oujiyama Hideo was featured in the 23rd volume of the manga, "Karasuno High School Sports Festival".  He was that popular guy that Tanaka beat in the race.