Chapter 3- Friends

“Your task is to make a delicious and mouthwatering cake that is sure to please the palettes of the teachers. You will have to go to another teacher and let them grade you. Make sure it is done this week.” Your home economics teacher announced. She is also known to have a habit of making ships inside the class.

“Hai!” All of the students quickly went to their respective pairs and boy she does look pleased.

“Uhmm…”

“Soo… what now?” Kinoshita mumbled nervously as he intently averts his eyes from you.

“I have quite the experience when it comes to baking…. So…” You mumble as you took out your notepad, ready to take some notes.

“I’m not kinda sure since I have volleyball practice until 7ish… so..-”

“7 o’clock is a good time! I can wait after practice!”

“’Ya sure.., buut which place will we go to?”

“My place is about 20 minutes from here… What about you?”

“I live in (Place name) which is 30 minutes away. I think your place is much closer and more convenient.. If it’s okay for you...”

“Okay, my place then! I’ll prepare the ingredients right after, here is my address!” You cheerfully exchanged numbers and addresses. You both talked about the design, the size, the flavor, and who will taste your work.

“I think the taste part will be easy, let’s leave it to Takeda-sensei, our club adviser! I’m sure he’ll give us a decent grade.” Kinoshita confidently suggested.

“Let’s do that then! So about the design…”

~Timeskip~

The planning went wonderfully as you went to buy ingredients after school. An idea popped and you went back on the school once again.

Kinoshita’s training

The practice is as tiring as usual. With the strict training and working on, I still couldn’t find my momentum. I couldn’t be a regular at this rate..!

With the scores, passes and picking up of balls, a shout from the orangehead could be heard.

“Gaaaaaaaaah!” Hinata suddenly screamed out of nowhere looking at the direction outside.

“Hinata, Bokeee!! What is it?!” Kageyama yelled while approaching him, Nishinoya and Tanaka following behind.

“There’s… There’s a beautiful woman at the door-!”

“Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-!” Nishinoya and Tanaka screamed after seeing the said female.

“Shaddap!” The captain smacked the two in the back, and a sudden gasp which grabbed everyone’s attention. The girl has (h/c), (h/l), (s/c), and (e/c) structure*.

“Kinoshita-san?” The said girl spoke up soon after seeing him.

“Ahh… (L/n)-san I thought you were gonna go home?” Kinoshita spoke awkwardly with everyone’s glare.

“I decided to watch you practice. May I..? I already bought the ingredients.” (L/n) asked me. It was a big shock and kind of embarrassing, also it would be disrespectful to say no.

“Ahmm.. If it’s fine with the captain then-!”

“It’s all good, come on in and watch us!” Daichi interrupted with a quick reply and a kind smile. She was welcomed with the two managers’ smiling faces and made her watch with them.

Your POV

Watching practice in a near distance is fun. The way they play around looks interesting as well. Seeing him play is more of a treasure. That cute grumpy face when he makes a hit looks candy to the eyes.

“Yuus! ”

That worried failing expression of his is cute as hell. Never taking your eyes off him, he’s like your main character, a protagonist, someone who has a potential to step up the game. You knew he has never played in an official match, and is always at the sidelines rooting for the team.

‘But what about it?’ You thought

‘Everyone wants to be in the game, but he looks like he only wants the best for his team.’ You like that determination on his face. Those cute grumpy eyes and those—

“Uhmmm… are you okay?” A player asked you.

“Huh?”

“Oh.. you seem spaced out. Do you need water?” You were deep in thought.

“Um, I’m fine, thank you..” You snapped out of your trance after that.

“I’m Yamaguchi, a first-year. You’re (L/n)-senpai right?” You nodded and see the freckled boy go back to practice. It was evening now, practice almost ending.

With you and the managers casually talking here and there, the practice is about to end. Arranging your stuff, you wait for Kinoshita to finish changing and finally go home.

You see him later fresh in the flesh, hair neatly made, and freshly scented. His posture seem stiff, and carries that nervous grumpy expression. You see him with two other guys, which are his teammates in the club.

“So… shall we go?”

~End of Chapter 3~