Baechu...I love you.

Irene's POV
It's been more than a week since we broke up. It's been more than a week since everything in the house has changed.

But only yesterday, I heard about Jeongyeon and Seulgi's fight. Because of this, the tense in the house and even in the company is getting hotter and hotter as the day passes.

What is happening? What's happening to Seulgi? Is it just me or everything is really affected by our breakup?

And Seulgi? I really am mad at her, truly! And I seriously want to hurt her or at least make her pay for what she's done...but I can't.

I really---like, REALLY! I really want to play this prideful type but whenever I try to be one, my rage melts into pity whenever I see her eyes.

Seulgi's eyes that I can't understand. Are they in sorrow? Or are they just longing for someone? (Honestly, I hope it's me---but never mind that.)

Yes? Good morning.
Seulgi answered the phone, hiding that little yawn.

Oh, is it? I'm sorry. Good afternoon. May I help you with something?
She rephrased her wrong greeting.

You see that? Seul's been like that since our breakup. She's overworking. She's pushing herself too much! I don't even know if she eats right...if she sleeps right. I don't know if she's still...if she's still happy of what she's doing.

Okay. I'll be there in 20. Bye.
With that, she left, without even looking at me.

What can I do, right? I commanded her to do that anyway. I miss how...never mind.

You know? Back when we're still together, Seulgi never went to her partners' company; they come to her. Why? Because she always says, "If they really want to connect with me, they need to work for it. Plus, who would want to be separated from the goddess Baechu even for a second, right?"

Did that principle really changed? Or maybe it's just because of me?

Sometimes I think: What if Jeongyeon's right? What if Yeri's right? What if they are all right? What if Seulgi really is saying the truth?

You know, as I think of those, guilt only grows in me.

Joy once said she woke up in the middle of the night and saw Seulgi still doing unfinished works. Unlike when we're still together, I almost thought she's really a bear because of hibernating.

I even heard Yeri told Joy, "I think, Seulgi's insomnia came back. Last night, I woke her up because she's screaming like mad and sweating so hard!" I remember when Seulgi told me that once she met me, her insomnia went away. Her nightmares were replaced by a beautiful dream.

And that dream was me.

-

*sigh* it's evening again. I bet when I go home, Seulgi's still not there. She's not even here yet. She really did what I told her, huh?

"Do not talk to me ever again!" "Don't you dare touch me!" "Do not come near me ever again!"

Kang Seulgi really is dumb. She really did those? Doesn't she know that I'm badly missing---never mind.

It's 8 already. I better pack my things.

Let's go?
Jeongyeon came inside the office with an unusual face.

You know, something like...she's kinda pissed? I don't know tho.

What? Are you just gonna stare or what?
Irritation was obvious in her voice tho.

Yea, sure.

-

You sure you don't want to eat?
Nayeon tried to insist.