Wendy's riddle?

Yeri's POV
KIM YERIM!

Did they really have to shout my name all at once? Well, couldn't blame them. Who wouldn't praise someone like me, right? Lols.

What? I just find it funny, okay?

Well, you could just keep it to yourself and let Mr. Bae finish like, duh? Jeongyeon even stuck her tongue out!

Whatever, JEONGSTRICH! Bleh!

Aish, this kid!
She was about to aim at me but haha Irene unnie stopped her.

Enough you two! Just listen to the effin' flashback already! Unnie even used the "hand".

And yep, Mr. Squishy here was so proud of himself 'cause he made a trend.

Fine!
Jeong and I halfheartedly agreed with our arms crossed.

Mr. Bae then continued:
And as I was saying...

FLASHBACK ( Mr. Bae's POV )

Good! Goody goody! You came, Jeongstrich! Wendy clapped her hands with full cheeriness as Jeongyeon sat beside me.

It's seen in her eyes that she's indeed delighted to see the latter. Jeong, on the other hand, was obviously out of it.

Yea, yea. What do you want?

With that, Wendy's eyes became blue. Her lips were curved into a frown. Tears were almost falling.

Y-yah! Why do you look like that?
Jeongyeon who previously showed no interest was now full of care.

Friends' thingy, huh?

Just then, Wendy cried her lungs out. Right now, in front of me, was the one who caused all the mischief in my in-law's life, suffering of my daughter, and mess all of us got into---and she's crying like a kid who got bullied by a whole gang of gangsters.

Sir, must I return her to her room?
Suho asked; she's still crying. I just shook my head, telling him not to.

Seungwan-ah, why are you crying?

As soon as she heard what Jeongyeon said, she stopped and stared at the latter for some time: Did you just call me "Seungwan"?

Y-you're changing the subject here.
Jeong couldn't look at her eyes.

Then again, the cheeriness in Wendy's voice and delight in her eyes returned: Does that mean you still look at me as a friend?

Sighing, Jeong rubbed her right hand all over her face and rested both of her hands on the table. Wendy, too, rested hers on the table, grinning like a kid who just met her favorite ice cream vendor.

Jeongyeon sighed again before saying:
I mean no offense, okay? Wendy then nodded with the huge smile not leaving her face.

And so, Jeong continued:
I never wanted to hate you. You're one of the best people I met. You'd become my friend since we're in our moms' tummies. You were there when I needed you. And I know, you were never gone. You're there, watching us from afar.

The latter wasn't speaking yet she's touched. It's seen from the way she looked at Jeongyeon. Slowly, her tears streamed down her face.

But Wendy...*sigh* the things you caused---especially to Seulgi---they're more than enough to make me hate you.

As Jeongyeon said that, she looked down. Wendy's hurt, yes, but it seemed to me that Jeongyeon meant what she had said; she just didn't want to say it. It's as if she's more pained.