Roka

Vikas Pov

I am very excited for today...its our Roka ceremony....mom has decided to go there in the evening...all preparations have been done...Sid and Komal have finally agreed to meet her and talk to her...till now everything is Ok...Prii, Ben and Karan, Anusha are also coming...I have strictly warned them not to tell anyone till the engagement...

At 4.00pm we reach her house...I am excited to see her...a 21 year old girl opens the door and immediately hugs me....I am surprised and afraid...but she says that she is Shilpa's niece...I remember about her sister and am very nervous now.

We all go inside...they really welcome us wholeheartedly...even her sister..After sometime, her sister-in-law brings her to the living room...I am stunned to see her beauty...She is wearing a Pink Saree with minimal makeup and hair just the way I like...

I just cannot stop staring her...Komal gets up and greets  her and make her sit next to me....We both greet each other...then mumma says:

"Geeta ji, hum logo ne punditji se baat ki...sagai ka muhurat 2 din baad ka hai aur shadi ke 2 muhurat hai...ek agle mahina ka aur ek November ka..aap kab karna chahti hai shadi...bol dijiye"

"Vikasji kya chahte hai?"

"Arey Vikas to kal hi kar le shadi...main to 100 percent sure hoon ki vo june ka hi muhurat chunega, kyu ,Vikas?"-pri.

"Shilpa, aapka kya khayal hai?" I ask her.

"Vikasji, agle mahine to main Dubai ja rahi hoo...main chahti hoo ki November mein thik rahega"

I felt little let down...but she had point..I too had some commitments so I too agree with her and it is decided to get married in November.

After this is decided, my mom signals Sid to bring the things inside...prii, ben and Sid go and bring all the things inside..my mom gets up and does the ceremony..she presents her a pair of nice bangles...

Then aai also does the rituals and she gifts me a gold chain ...we both touch everyones feet and then my mom says:

"Geeta ji, hum chahte hai ki shadi do tareeke se ho...ek maharashtrian aur ek humaare tareeke se...aap kya kehti hai?"

"Humein koi problem nahi hai,..bas bachche khush rahe..."

With this the ceremony ended and everyone started talking about the engagement ceremony...they took our finger measurements and it was decided to keep it a small affair after which we were to announce to the world about being together...the day ended on a happy note...we both were happy...