Mehendi and Sangeet

Shilpa's PoV

I was nervous...all were happy around me...even me...but this was a big step...a step which I was avoiding...but now everything was happening very fast...with this marriage, came responsibilities, relations....Now I would be a wife, a daughter-in-law, a sister-in-law...I would be observed, criticised..but above all I would be loved...but still I was nervous...Does this happens to all?...I was excited, I was afraid..what if anything goes wrong? Every night would talk to Vikasji, he would say Shilpa dont be a flip...I am there always to be with you, you are my life so please dont even think otherwise..

All guests have gathered at home, my sisters, their families, aunts..preparations are full on...wedding will be held on 2 ways..one Maharashtrian and evening his style...Today is Mehendi..all are applying mehendi ...they are teasing me...asking me what should they write in between the mehendi...Mastermind, Guptaji or Vikasji....they tell me if he searches and finds out his name then I have to give him whatever he wants but if he can't find then he has to give you..

I am blushing and laughing with them... My phone rings... my niece sees who it is and then shows everyone... All laughs... I know who it is.... I see her with angry eyes and she immediately place the phone between my ears and shoulders..

"Hello"

"Hello, kya Kar rahi ho?"

"aaj mehendi ki rasam hai na...to sab mehendi laga rahe hai..."

"mere yaha to ho gayi..."

"Vikasji kya main aapko thodi der baad phone karu...mere haath busy hai...to main thik se baat nahi kar paa rahi hun"

"thik hai Shilpaji, kar lo..I'll be waiting"

It took almost 2 hours to finish this full ritual...once finished I went and called him...he was sleeping..."aap so rahe the?"

"are haa bahut thak gaya hun...subah se kuch na kuch rasmein chalu hi hai...vaise ho gaya sab kahtm vaha pe?"

"Haan Vikasji, kal sangeet pe aa rahe ho na?"

"puglet ho kya ....tumse milne ka ek bhi chance thode ki khounga main?"

"hmm...chalo ab bahut raat ho gayi hai...main bhi soti hun...kal bhi busy din hai"

"Haan jitna chahiye so lena...yaha aane ke baad.....tum so nahi paogi"

"kyu?"

"Kyunki main tumhe sone nahi dunga...oh o sharmana to dekho inka...vaise gandi cheeze hi dimmag mein aati hai tumhe...main to raat bhar aapse baatein hi karunga"

"aapse kisne kaha maine ganda socha? Mujhe pata hai aap raat bhar ramayan ya mahabharat ka paath padhenge..hai na?"

"Ha ha..funny...waise jo tum pehlen soch rahi thi na vo bhi hoga"

"Chup rahiye..Guptaji...kuch bhi...so jaayien..neend ki kami se tharak gate hai aap..good night"

I kept the phone...i was blushing..Guptaji was becoming naughty...

Next day, we went to the place where sangeet ceremony was held...it was decorated...many tv personalities was supposed to come...I wore a pink lehanga...my hands were all red with mehendi and chuda...after sometime..the grooms family came...i saw him searching everywhere...and when he found my eyes...there was a big smile on his face...

Sangeet was about to start..all his friends had come and all very making fun of him...teasing us...we were made to sit together...he too was wearing pink kurta...I dont know how we end up matching our clothes...is this co-incidence...but he was looking all handsome..next to me my family was sitting and next to him his...

Sangeet started..all danced to their fullest...ben and prii danced on many songs ...we too danced ....all were dancing and having fun when suddenly the music stopped and we too stopped to see the cause of disruption....and it was none other then Arshi Begum

SHIKAS KI SHAADIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें