Prologue

I have started editing the Story as I publish the new content.

========================

The cloudy evening reflected her mood dark and defeated. Someone called her name and she turned to watch his face. Her lawyer handed her the papers. She looked down at them and back at her lawyer.

"I sign and this whole mess will end, right?"

He nods, noticing the defeated demeanor. He had known many cases of divorce where the actual victims were depicted as culprits. The victim's foolishness and trust lead to their downfall. She was no different. He remembered her the first time she had entered his office with a story he didn't believe. But over the months of courtroom hearings, he recognized her foolishness and her husband's cunning. He pitied her, married to a sociopath she was lucky to escape with a few scars.

"where do I sign," she asked him

"on the dotted line," he replied

She signed and handed him the paper.

"So," she asked, " is it over?"

"yes you are free" he answered.

She stood up to leave and paused at the door as if she remembered something.

"I'm moving away to a different town," she said then looking him in the eyes she added "I don't want this haunting me anymore"

He stood up and reached her patting her shoulder he stared into her eyes.

"something like this will always stay with you but it's up to you if you want to let it haunt you" he replied.

She smiled "well then I will not let it haunt me" she declared determinedly.

He nodded with a smile as she took a deep breath and stepped out of his office.  He watched her walk to her car and drive away.

_--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Comments:

This is my first attempt at a romance. I'm good at supernatural stories and epic.  Please encourage by voting.