Chapter 25 She is a whore

He had thought for days and weeks trying to understand what about Raiza had affected him so much. He remembered when things had started going down for them. His jealousy and her stubbornness had led them from one misunderstanding to the next and the people who made use of his weakness and her strong character had watered the tree of hatred and pushed them to extreme destruction. 

When he found Raiza spending time with the man who had smeared shit on her character he couldn't control his anger. He had been so frustrated with her. She had dismissed his claims about the way Arjun spoke of her merely as his jealousy and at some point, his rage had gone so overboard that he decided to believe the rumours. It had driven him mad that he wanted to punish her. It didn't happen overnight, little incidents had built the rage over and over. He remembered the start of his cruelty. he had returned home one evening early and the house was empty. He called the maid and asked her about his wife. 

"She will come by 6:00 pm sir" the maid had politely informed him. He nodded and signalled the maid to leave. 

He called her phone it rang and went to the voice mail. He disconnected it. Then he dropped her a message but she hadn't replied for almost half an hour. He had finally called her college.

"Sir the classes were completed at 3:00 pm and no student is here." the clerk answered his queries. His jealousy burned inside him. He called her phone. no answer. He kept calling her, and 10  to 15 calls later he received a message.

"In class, anything urgent?" It read. 

He threw the phone across the room. The phone shattered. He fetched his office phone and called Vidya "I want you to send me Shahan's number" he declared. 

Vidya sent him the number. He dialled the number and at the second ring, a man's serious voice answered. 

"Boss," he said.

"I want your help" Siddharth replied.

"Name," he asked.

"My Wife Raiza" he declared "I'm sending you her details" he added and dropped the call. 

He sat in his study and drank. he emptied his full bottle of whiskey and it was past 6:00 pm, he couldn't hear her voice yet. At about 8:00 pm two whisky bottles later he heard her voice. 

"Sharada" she called the maid.

"Sir was asking for you" the maid warned her.

"When did he come" she had inquired.

"Four," the maid said and then there was silence. 

The study door opened softly as she entered. He could smell cigarettes on her mixing in her delicate perfume and something else. 

"Hi," she stated softly and came close to hug him. 

"Don't" he stopped her. Standing up from the lazy boy he gave her a disgusted look. "You stink of the gutter" he threw that insult cruelly at her and walked out. 

He was hurt and he wanted to hurt her so he was cruel. It didn't help him it only made him more miserable. He wobbled out of the study and up to his bedroom. He shut her out that night not wanting to lose his temper further. His heart squeezed with pain.

You shouldn't have done that, it said. She deserves it, she lied to me he convinced himself. But it had been a restless night and he couldn't sleep. The next morning he woke up and realized his mistake he wanted to apologize. He looked at the clock and it was 9 in the morning. He sat up and nursed a headache. He had a hangover. He went to the bathroom and showered. Then getting dressed he walked down to the kitchen to have breakfast and heard laughter.