Chapter 16 Superhero and Strong Arms

"Ravi please ensure we get this right" Raiza pleaded. "This is an important marketing event for not just Dazzling Affairs but also for Airwan Co., We can't make mistakes on this one" She instructed.

"Will you relax Raiza I'm on it" he coaxed her.

Raiza sighed. "Alright I trust you I'm just worried" she explained.

"I know but you need to relax. I'm sending you the email with day 1 and day 2 arrangements" he explained.

"What about the day 3" she questioned.

"I'm working on it and it will reach you in 2 hours" he replied.

She sighed "ok" She responded defeatedly. "can you put the Archers next to the Bhajans during dinners they are close and enjoy each other's company." she gave instructions.

"Already done" he responded in a monotone.

"And get Safira and her team for the decoration on day two" she declared.

"ahh, you don't want Alam anymore?" He questioned.

"Yes I do, Alam for day one and three but Safira for day two," she explained.

"May I ask why the shuffle?" He questioned, Ravi liked to keep it simple and keep Single owner for all.

"Alam is good with most events but Safira is the master of wedding decorations, our day two theme needs her special skills" she elaborated.

"uh ah," He uttered his detached response.

"Did you connect to Mansha?"

"Couldn't reach her I have left a message" he declared.

"Get her on board please I want her to cater all the events" she insisted.

"I live to serve you my master" he declared mockingly.

Raiza smiled "Well get on with it then" she gave out a mock order.

Ravi laughed as he disconnected the call. She knew he was capable of doing things on his own but she needed updates and sometimes Ravi forgets to give updates. She sighed and rested her head as she reclined in her chair. She had always been the organizer for everything in her father's home and it had thought her a lot of things.

She remembered how her father had always found it a difficult task to organize events. He had always given her the responsibility of organizing things for his work. She had loved it always. Those skills she had learned had become her saviour, they had given her the possibility to become an event organizer at Dazzle Affairs.

The soft knock on the door pulled her off of her memories. She opened her eyes and looked at the smiling face of Gyan. She blinked a couple of times before she sat up "Gyan, what are you doing here?" she questioned in a shocked tone.

He smiled "Well it's good to see you too" he declared with satisfaction. He waited for her to offer him a seat but soon realized how shocked she was to see him. It gave him satisfaction to notice how much he affected her. He pulled the chair noisily breaking into Raiza's thoughts and sat down.

"I was hoping that you will share with me your plans for the three days" he declared.

"Why? Don't you trust my judgement" she questioned.

Gyan smiled "I trust you completely, but I like to keep abreast of all things related to my company" He politely added.

Raiza cleared her throat realising she had spoken her thoughts out loud. "Of course Mr Airwan" She replied.

"Gyan" he declared.

Raiza turned confused, not sure what happened.

"Mr Airwan is my father if you insist on addressing him then I can have him meet you" he joked.

"I'm sorry Gyan" she apologized "I'm a little off of sorts " she added.

Gyan caught her hand as he stood up "Is everything alright" He questioned concern laced his words.

Raiza didn't hear his question she was too focused on her hand in his clasp. Something about his touch resonated inside her. She couldn't put a finger on it but it made her feel warm.

Gyan didn't get a reply from Raiza he noticed her eyes glued to his hand holding hers. A smile spread across his lips as he snapped his fingers.

Her dazed eyes looked up at his face and a sudden realization made her pull her hands out of his hold.

"I will get you the details she declared as she tried to get around him and out of the room. He caught her by the shoulders and stopped her.

"You don't look well have you eaten anything yet? " He questioned.

"huh," she made a surprised sound at his question.

"I knew it" He stated without waiting for her to realize what he was doing "I'm taking you to the nearest restaurant so you can eat" he added and pulled a surprised Raiza out of her cabin and straight to the elevator. Before she could realise she was in his car and they were driving to get lunch.

Raiza stayed silent through the first course of the meal trying to understand how she ended up eating lunch with Gyan.

"Are you going to stay silent like a doll or are we going to have a conversation while we eat?" he questioned trying to get her to talk

She sighed "Well all the planned steps and milestones are going smoothly, we have been talking to different vendors, decoration and the event lineup is set. We are working with catering vendors and models for the line-up. We have got the marketing team designing the posters... " she continued without pausing for a breath.

All Gyan heard was her soft voice that spread like warm chocolate in his ears. He watched her lips moving, they mesmerised him. She wore a pastel dress with a deep neckline that slightly showed off her valley. His eyes shifted from her lips down her long neck resting on her cleavage. His mouth watered and he immediately returned his focus to her words his eyes resting on her forehead a safe place.

"You seem to have it all covered" He interrupted her.

She paused "Do you want me to continue giving you details?" She asked.

He shook his head "Tell me about your weekend" he asked.

"Huh," she stared in surprise.

"How was it? What did you do?" he asked again.

"What has that got to do with my planning?" she questioned.

He looked at her wanting to shake her and tell her he wanted to know because he was interested in her but he sighed "Well I had a pretty busy weekend, my sister is getting married so she chewed my brain with all the details from her wedding planner" he informed her trying to break the ice wall between them.

She squinted "Congratulation to your sister" she finally replied, "Do give her my wishes." she added.

He smiled opened his wallet and showed her a picture "This is us" he stated as he pushed the picture towards her.

Curious she looked at the picture of Gyan with a young and happy girl who seemed familiar to her. She took the picture from him and looked closer. "Is this your sister?" she questioned. Her encounter with the kind, empathetic, and lovely Mara returned to her.

"Yes, she is ...." Gyan was cut off.

"Mara my superhero" Raiza whispered her name.

Gyan squinted at her "You know my sister?" It was his turn to be shocked.

"Yes, no not like that, I mean I met her just once at our last party" she declared "No wonder she was there with her brother," she thought.

"One where you bumped against me and almost fell?" he questioned "But me being the gentleman I caught you and held you so you wouldn't crash land on the dance floor and be stamped" He added smiling at a shocked Raiza.

"Strong arms..." she gasped "That was you?" she questioned.

"Do you nickname everyone you meet?" he questioned.

"What?" she questioned puzzled.

"Mara your superhero, and I strong arms?" he mocked.

She gave an apologetical smile.

He laughed "Well she sure will be happy to know she added an admirer to her list" he declared.