Chapter 20: My Saviour

Siddharth walked a hole in the carpet waiting for Mara. He needed to get things back to normal in his life again.

"I only know one Raiza" Mara's voice rang in his head.

"It can't be my Raiza." he shook his head in denial. No one understood his obsession with his ex-wife. Just the thought of her drove him insane.

He took out his phone and dialled his friend's number. He hated the fact that Ailan had seen her and not him. He hated the fact that she lived in the city he chose to make his home.

The phone rang for a long time without an answer until it stopped. He cursed in frustration. He remembered receiving an email from Ailan a few days ago. He quickly opened the already-read email once again.

Hey Buddy,

How are you? I wish you would talk to us. Anyone of us.

I don't know if I should bring this up bro but I saw her at a party. She seems to be living her life while you suffer. I took a picture of her. It's attached.

I hope this helps you to move on.

Ailan.

Siddharth had read the email hundreds of times before. But he didn't have the nerve to open the picture. It had only given him a strange satisfaction. However, listening to Mara's brother talking about Raiza drove him mad. He wanted to rip Gyan into pieces. He looked at the attachment. He shut his eyes breathing deeply.

He opened his eyes a determination shone in them, he clicked open the attachment. The picture was grainy. It was dark and he didn't get a clear view of her face. Her body structure seemed familiar. She looked like Raiza but fuller and curvy. He deleted the email.

"What am I doing I vowed to never go after her" he scolded himself. "My life is here with Mara. She never understood me, she only feared me, hated me, and drove me crazy" he remembered the day he had come home to her crying, his heart had clenched in his chest. He walked to her to hold her, console her. The moment he had touched her she shuddered and scurried away from him like he was a Monster. Her eyes were fearful there was no Love in them there was only fear and hatred.

"What happen Raiza?" he had asked.
"You hit Arjun" she stuttered her eyes accusing him.

He took a deep breath "Yes I did" he admitted.

"Why?" she asked. Complete disappointment in her voice.

He couldn't understand why she would even ask that. Her friend Arjun had forced her to dance with him. He touched her body and she was uncomfortable. He saw her discomfort, the way she pushed him and ran away from the party.

"What do you mean why?" he asked irritation visible in his voice.

"Did you beat him up because he is my friend?" she questioned.

He felt his heart sink he bent down and picked her up gathering her in his arms he wanted to feel her warmth. "he was forcing himself on you, my darling, how am I supposed to react?" he asked her, softening his voice.

"He was drunk he didn't know what he was doing, you broke his jaw" she accused him.

Anger rose in him as his mind closed with darkness he stayed quiet.

She stared up at him "You have to apologize to my friend, he won't talk to me" She started crying.

He moved away from her "Are you kidding me? " he yelled she jumped and stepped away from him in fear. He turned away from her facing the mirror. He saw her in a corner sobbing her head down. He never wanted to hurt her he wanted her to love him.

He ran his hands into his hair and rubbed his neck. "I'm not going to apologize to an asshole who was trying to molest my wife" he declared and walked out of the house. His anger kept rising until he reached the open area of his apartment building. He took out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it. His mind was still a fire pit. He turned to face the entrance of his apartment and saw Arjun's car stopping in front of the reception of his apartment block.

He couldn't believe his eyes. "How dare he," Siddharth thought and walked towards the car. Arjun along with a girl stepped out. "What the hell are you doing here? " Siddharth yelled.

He turned to stare at Siddharth and smirked "Came to meet your wife" he replied.

Siddharth walked straight up to his face. Arjun was shorter than Siddharth. He simply stared at him a smirk on his face. "stay away from her" Siddharth threatened him.

"Hey" the woman with him yelled. He didn't look at her he gave a death stare to Arjun.

"Don't tell my man what to do, keep your bitch in control" she yelled.

Bloodshot to his head "How dare you? " he yelled as he grabbed the woman's neck and squeezed it. "I will kill you" he declared.

She struggled trying to escape him "Killing her will not change the fact that your wife is a whore" Arjun stated in complete coldness.

Letting go of the woman Siddharth turned to face the coward "One more word against her and I will rip your tongue out." he yelled.

Arjun laughed "You think you are the only one fucking her? Oh please, from her professor to her classmates everyone has tasted her. Why shouldn't I" he spat at him.

The monster inside Siddharth rose its ugly head, he punched Arjun once then again and again till his face bled and he passed out. Before he knew people were pulling him away from the asshole and dragging him away. Someone pulled his face down and his eyes landed on Raiza, there was anger in her eyes. He opened his mouth to tell her she will be alright, that asshole will nerve speak shit again. His mind has not yet framed the thought before she slapped him.

"Stay away from my friends, stay away from me you are insane" she yelled. He couldn't believe his ears or eyes. He stared in shock as the cops pulled him away. That was the first time after his college years he spent a night in Jail. She didn't even turn up to bail him. He later learnt to his utter disgust she had spent the night taking care of Arjun.

He felt the first crack in his trust in her that day. Siddharth's eyes were filled with tears as he remembered the disturbing memory.

"No I'm not going to let her destroy the good left in me ever again" He told himself "It's Mara whose my life now. She brings out the best in me. Raiza brought out the monster inside me. I will not let her ruin my life" he vowed.

Siddharth threw the phone on the sofa, picking up the framed picture of Mara and himself he stared into the face of his fiancee, friend, and saviour. "My saviour" he whispered.