Chapter 34 An Accident

Siddharth had driven to vidya's house in a rage. The last thing he needed on his already overflowing plate was a suicide case and dealing with the authorities. He parked his car a little away from her house and walked to the front door. He rang the bell and waited for an answer but heard nothing. He called her from his mobile, but her phone was turned off, he was getting frustrated every minute he spent away from Raiza. He kept banging the door loudly until her neighbour peeped out from the next door.

"Hey! Who do you want?" she asked.

He gave her a charming smile "Vidya. Do you know her?" he inquired.

"Oh, she is not here. She left this morning rather early if you ask me" the neighbour stated with a cringed up nose. Dislike clear in her tone.

"Do you perhaps know where she has gone?" he questioned politely with a smile. He knew the power of his charm, women could hardly resist it, except Raiza.

"Oh, dear man are you her lover?" she queried.

"What! Oh no, I'm her boss" he answered a little irritated.

"Oh common now you young people don't know how to have fun" she declared. "In my days a strapping man like you would not be just my boss" she added ogling him.

Siddharth smiled "I'm sure no man could resist you ummmm..." he waited for her to give her name.

"Anchal" she added with a smile "Call me Anchi, all my friends do" she giggled like a girl.

"So Am I your friend?" he queried.

"I consider so. Won't you?" she winked.

Siddhart wanted to throw up, but he knew how to attract flies with honey.

"Of course Anchi, do you know where Vidya has gone?" he repeated his inquiry.

"Some family event ... she said wedding I think, her cousin's wedding she left this morning." Anchal stated dramatically.

"Oh! Maybe I missed her message, was she with someone?" he asked.

"Her parents and brother accompanied her. Boisterous bunch they are" she added distastefully.

Thank you! That is a lot of help from you. I hope I will see you soon" he added and with a nod walked out of the gate to his car.

Frustrated with the suicide message and vidya's audacity, he decided to send her a message that will put her back in the right place.

"Vidya I hope you are enjoying the wedding. I had always respected you as a great team member. You have been very crucial in the smooth functioning of our organization's administrative needs. As your employer, I had given you the respect and position you deserved in our company. However, your attempt to seduce me yesterday was inappropriate and unprofessional. I have already spoken to HR regarding your behaviour and reported the incident. This morning your suicide note has confirmed my belief that you are mentally unfit to perform a high-stress job. Hence as your wellwisher, I put in a request to the HR ensuring you are provided with sufficient counselling and all the help from the organization to recover. I visited your house to ensure you have not harmed yourself and was informed by your neighbour that you have gone to attend a wedding and are with your family. Consequently, I will not be troubling you today as you are with your family and well attended to.

Once your return to work, please report to the HR team. You will be reassigned to a different department and position to not hinder your growth in the organization. We value you as a good employee and would like you to consider the counselling and psychological support our HR and Legal team will recommend.