Chapter 26 Runaway

By the time Ara's party got over Raiza had been introduced to most of the attendees as Gyan's date. She watched him closely for his reactions studying him like a puzzle. One moment he was the gentleman who was concerned with her every thought and the next moment he had given in to his desire and kissed her. Their kiss as enjoyable as it was, it had stirred an ocean of doubts and questions in her mind. She had fallen in love with Siddharth at one point in time. His passion had scared her but he had also stirred these same feelings in her. She had been captivated by his kisses and his touches.

Gyan had the same passion in him but Siddhart's passion was dark and all-consuming while Gyan was all about giving. The moment Gyan had kissed her and held her in a close embrace she was transported out of the world. She had for the first time since she met Gyan forgotten about Siddharth.

"Still with me?" Gyan asked her slightly pressing her shoulder.

She smiled at him "Yes".

"What is bothering you now?" he asked gently turning her to face him.

"Truth?" she asked.

"Always" he replied.

"Our kiss" she replied honestly.

Worried something has gone wrong Gyan sighed. "Im listening" he said reclining against a wall and pulling her a little closer. Her fingers were intertwined with his fingers and he was looking into her eyes.

"When you kissed me, for the first time Siddharth vanished from my head" She declared.

"Siddharth?" He questioned.

She nodded "My ex-husband" she declared.

Gyan smiled "Well then maybe I should kiss you more" he traced soft circles on her palms.
The blush on her cheeks and the mild shock in her eyes made him want to kiss her more. But he held back he wanted her but not just physically. He wanted her as a whole so he paused his desires and patiently waited for her to continue.

"You need to know my past" She declared and let go of his hand. He could see her withdrawing.

"I don't have a well sorted neat one, Gyaan, and you will not like it" she added a slight worry had crept into her voice.

"Give me the opportunity to make that choice" He stated "Don't decide for me"

She sighed and turned to face him looking at his determined face she decided to start with the worst. "I loved a man who was cruel by nature, he never understood me. He always wanted to dominate me and dictate my life. He was successful in extinguishing every little bit of me. But then I got pregnant."

Gyaan groaned silently Raiza didn't hear it too busy in her mind trying to explain her past. "I had tried everything I could to avoid pregnancy but it ended up happening and the day I got the news I decided to run. I didn't want my child to suffer. I had suffered enough for both of us. I planned with Roina and kept my pregnancy secret. And finally within a week of getting to know I was going to be a mother I left the house and vanished from his life. For the next four months, I hid away in a farmhouse. Roina helped me with money food and everything that was needed.

For the first time in a long time, I felt free and truly happy. I had built a simple and silent life routine. In those four months, I tasted freedom like never before." Raiza sighed remembering that only made her memories of later suffocating.

"Don't stop Raiza" Gyaan spoke.

Raiza looked at his serious face. The pain, kindness and compassion she noticed there made her wonder why she ever thought he and Siddhart were ever the same.

"I had to drive to the nearest town to get a regular check-up. The doctor I met there was a kind man who had been helping me a lot. I always paid using Raiza's credit card to ensure I was not traced. I think the 4 months' calm had lulled me into false security. I still remember that day. I had gone into the town with so much hope. I had planned to purchase some clothes, preparing my maternity bag. I started my eighth month and wanted to be prepared for any and all emergencies. My scans had come through, and everything looked good doctor had said. My baby was healthy and preparing to be born. I heard his heartbeat and was filled with hope. In my excitement, I slipped. When I was shopping I paid through my credit card without realising it.

I was discussing care for the newborn with the grandma who owned the shop. Didn't realize when I handed the wrong credit card to the cashier. Didn't realize it when the payment was made and I put my card back in my wallet. I didn't think anything was amiss when I drove home and sorted my shopping. I was humming and cheerfully packing the baby's clothes. That night, when I sat to add the expense to my little book of debts to Roina, is when the reality hit me. I had used my credit card and I was stunned. Questions poured into my head. How and why was it active yet? Why didn't he block it? Was he tracking me? Or had he finally given up? Even if he knows of the card use will he know where I stay? He can't trace me hear. I was so jolted I couldn't calm down. I was not able to sleep. I couldn't call Roina it was late but I knew I had to move.

So I did the safest thing I started packing. I was up till 3:00 AM packing and cleaning after me until I was exhausted. I dropped a message to Roina about my mistake and wanting to move before I decided to sleep for a while. I was so exhausted I slept through the day. I was woken up by the incessant ringing of the doorbell. I opened my eyes and the first thing I noticed was my phone light. I picked up the phone but the doorbell didn't stop ringing. So I stepped out of bed and walked to the door as I read the message from Roina.

"Sorry had a late night and then a busy day. I noticed your message just. Sending my driver to pick you up. We will figure this out together."

I noticed that message was at 11:00 AM at it was already past 2:00 PM. So I assumed it must be Raiza's driver. Must have thought I'm dead to ring the doorbell like a maniac. These were the silly thoughts running through my head when I opened the door. In front of me stood a strange man but next to him was Siddharth. Angry and dangerous.