Rufus' Ending: Masquerade Mischief

Previously~

"I also know that one day, both of our guilds will become the closest of allies." She said, her eyes glinting with happiness while I also looked towards my own guild.

"In the future. Soon, but not now." I agreed, silence then falling upon us as we stand beside each other with a content feeling lingering around us.

"This certainly is a Happy Ending for all of us."

Now~

Lucy's POV

"Eh? It's a Masquerade Ball?" I repeated the question, looking at Yukino and Minerva then at the guests within the room, seeing them wearing masks that cover their eyes or faces.

"Yes, it is. Now hurry up and get a mask." Minerva said, Yukino nodding in agreement.

"Okay." Twirling my hand a little, a light weight then came onto my face, feeling my vision being limited slightly by the holes of the mask.

(A/N: It's right above in the media, that's the mask she's wearing [If it's not there, swipe right].)

After the mask had fully materialised on my face, I then blink slightly to get accustomed to it, seeing the in awe faces of Minerva and Yukino in front of me.

"Is it okay?" I asked, the two of them nodding silently with their faces still filled with amazement.

"It's amazing, Lucy. You look beautiful with it." Yukino complimented, smiling as her own mask glinted beneath the lights of the ballroom.

"I agree, your mask completely matches your dress." Minerva said, her arms crossed in front of her as she smiled at me.

"Thanks, guys." I smiled, the three of us dispersing as the two of them went to dance.

The hired ensemble had begun to play a tune, the music dark and eerie like as it was of a Dark Waltz. Different masked guests had started to go to the main floor, dancing to the music with their own partners as they dance in sync.

[A/N: Play the music in the media, that's the music being played at the ball.]

I, was standing by the side, admiring both the music and the people on the dance floor, seeing both Minerva and Yukino waltzing along with what seemed like Rogue and Sting respectively. A smile had crept onto my lips as I watch them enjoy their time of relaxation from the whole fiasco earlier.

"May I have this dance, M'lady?" A male's voice snapped me out of my daze, turning to see a similar red and gold trimmed masked man extending his hand out with a bow, a smirk played on his lips while he stared at me with dark green eyes.

"It would be my pleasure." Placing my own hand in his, he then leads me into the middle of the crowd, a hand gripping my waist as the other held onto my hand.

Moving our feet, the two of us then start to dance to the music, him twirling me once as he catches me into his arms, dipping me down before continuing with our waltz.

"You look wonderful this evening, might I say Miss Lucy." He said, his voice calm and smooth as we looked into each other's eyes.

"Such flattery, you sure took your looks into consideration tonight, Rufus. Quite dashing." I replied, lifting my right hand as we stood opposite of each other, his own right hand against mine as we circled around.

"It seems." He shortly answered, leading us around the dance floor as we moved in sync with crowd, the music continuing to play its dark tune.

Twirling one last time, Rufus' hand then let go of mine, my partner being switched to someone else as I look up to meet with red eyes.