Trying

The Next Day

     Kim shoots up, out of breath with tears streaming down her cheeks. Julian wraps his arms around her, holding her against his chest and running his fingers through her hair. "You're okay. You're safe. It's just us."
"Oh Julian, I thought they were going to kill me, kill our baby. I should've told you as soon as I found out. I kept it from you and you almost didn't get to know about them at all."
     "No, no honey. This isn't your fault, you did nothing wrong. So what if you didn't tell me as soon as you knew, you didn't do it to hurt me. Baby, you're just beating yourself up because you're upset. You shouldn't go to work today. Stay home with me and Oscar, well take care of you."
     She shakes her head. "I have patients who need me, including Allison. How would it look if the woman who's not only gonna deliver her baby but also raise them doesn't show up for the first appointment? I have to go. I'll be okay, you'll be there."
     "Is there anything I can do to change your mind?" He asks. She shakes her head again and curls up as close to him as possible, settling back down for another few hours of sleep.

Later

     Julian knocks on Kim's office door, leaning on the door frame and smiling at her. She looks up from her computer, waving for him to come in. He takes the seat directly across from her, resting his head on his hands. "How are you, my dear?"
     "I'm doing better than I was ealier, and even better now that you're here. Is that my favorite salad?" She asks, looking the bag he's been hiding behind him.
     He takes out the black container and puts it on her desk. "It sure is. I even got you a smoothie." He pulls that out of the bag too, pushing them both closer to her.
     "Someone's trying to get lucky tonight. What's the occasion?" She asks, starting to eat her lunch.
     Julian shrugs. "No occasion, I just wanted to make you smile. And you have to spend time with Allison today. I felt bad about that."
     "I'm sure she can't be as bad as she's been so far. She's probably just stressed with the baby and all."
     "I honestly think she's just a sociopath." Julian says.
     Kim reaches across her desk and hits his arm. "Be nice, she's carrying your baby."
     "I know, so does my wallet. She's trying to bleed me dry."
     Kim draws a quick line across her neck and goes back to her salad. The door opens, the clicking of high heels and popping of gum comes into the room, with it the smell of fruit flavors. Julian turns around, hiding his distain for the woman. "Allison."
"Hi Julian, let's get this check up started."

A Little While Later

     "Julian, this is the point I usually ask the partner to leave." Kim says softly, touching Julian's bicep. He tilts his head. She leans in close. "I'm doing a vaginal exam, it'd be more comfortable for everyone if you left."
     "Oh, I thought you were going to do an ultrasound." He says, pulling away.
     "That's usually done between eighteen and twenty weeks." She tells him.
     "Ah, well, in that case I will be leaving." He says, kissing Kim quickly and ducking out of the room. He makes his way down the hall, towards somewhere he knows he won't be bothered while he waits. He stops and takes a few steps back. "Elizabeth, hey."
     "Hi Julian." She greets, giving him a quick hug, getting on her toes to do it.
     "Why are you at work, and how are you feeling? Are you doing alright? I wish I had gotten a chance to help you and Rose more but Kim was on the verge of a panic attack, I needed to get her home. Oh my God, Rose. How's Rose doing? Was she-"
     "Julian, we're both fine. Rose is a wonderful girl, she's amazing. She did dishes and got breakfast ready for the boys this morning. She's actually watching them today, they already adore her. You can stop worrying about us, because we are both doing great. What about you, how's your head?" She asks.
     "It's fine, I don't have any problems so I'm sure it isn't even a concussion." He says.
     "You didn't get a CT?" She asks, grabbing his cheeks, checking out the cut just past his hairline.
     "I'm fine."
     "Better safe than sorry. Schedule a head scan and while you're at it have one of your knee done, you're limping again." She tells him.
     "It's nothing, I'm just old. I'm gonna let you go now, you've got important work to do. I'm gonna go play Fortnite on my phone." He says, patting her shoulder as he walks off, finding himself nearing the ICU. Someone familiar catches his eye. "Olivia, wait up."
     She crosses her arms and tries to pretend he hasn't noticed she's been crying. "What do you want, Julian?"
     "How's Ted doing?" He asks, a sense of sincerity in his voice.
     "He'll make a full recovery and should be back in business in a week or two." She tells him.
     "Good, that's good. Obviously I don't really care about Ted." Julian takes a deep breath and exhales. "Leo is not safe around you two anymore. He's a target for a political assassination and being his wife makes you one too. Leo being his step-son does the same. He's in danger and I think for the time being he should come live with me."
     Olivia bursts out laughing. "Leo, live with you. Don't make me laugh. That's funny, Julian. Leo will never live with you. He will never even know you."
     "I'll sue!" Julian threatens.
     "And we'll win. You will never be a father to Leo. So run along to your little group of knocked up whores."
     There's a new anger in Julian's eyes, a hatred. "If anything happens to my little boy, his blood is on your hands and I'll make sure you know it every day for the rest of your miserable and fake life. I swear on my life that I will get Leo from you, one way or another, my son will not be hurt because of you."

     "So tell me doctor, how is our baby daddy one on one?" Allison asks, a smirk on her lips.
     "None of your business. You know I have your medical records, right? I know about all the drug offenses, the STDs, I know you're a heavy smoker, a drunken party girl who feels like she never left college. And I know about the other pregnancies. Three in the last years, all aborted at the last possible minute. It's almost like you were getting as much as you could out've somebody before getting rid of their baby and taking off."
     "Is that how little you think of me?" Allison asks rhetorically.
     "No, I'm being nice. I think you're a dirty whore who's feeding off a good man's love for his unborn child and I'm warning you now, if anything happens to this baby, we will make sure you spend the rest of your life in prison."

Later

     Julian knocks on the locker room door and goes in, moving slowly. "Kim, you in here? One of the nurses said you came in here a while ago and haven't left."
     He makes his way around the rows of lockers, stopping when he finds Kim. He sits on the bench next to her and wraps an arm over her shoulders. "Are you okay?"
     She shakes her head, looking at him with her puffy, red eyes. "I wasn't ready to come back to work today. Can you bring me home?"
     "Of course. Let's go home, baby."

Do we have any opinions on Allison yet? How about predictions, for her and in general?
I certainly know what's going to happen...