Chapter 8

Claude had revealed to me the shocking truth. That was Miss Cecille was in fact Prince Wilfred's fiancee...

Regina: "His... fiancee?"

Those were only words, I could think to say as I stared at Claude.

Claude: "Yes, which is why I think it wise if you don't get any closer to His Highness."

Claude's face was hard to read. I didn't really understand what he meant by what he said. I found myself unable to speak and I tore my eyes away from Claude. I started to walk to our next destination as the hall in which the main party was being held.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I drew closer to the party, I could hear the sound of elegant music being played. As if the music had cast a spell on me and I found myself walking usteadily into the hall. Then in a moment, my feet stopped still.

(Oh..)

There's I saw Prince Wilfred and Miss Cecille dancing gracefully together. They smiles beamed around the room as everyone watched the two of them flow with the music. Even the King and Queen...

(They're engaged after all...)

I couldn't watch as I didn't want to believe it to be true and I averted my gazed. Just then, a soft voice poured over me.

???: "Are you sad?"

Regina: "Huh?"

I looked up and I was met by Prince Stephen's kind eyes.

(Don't looked at me... but I know it's hurt about my feeling...)

Stephen: "You seem so distressed."

Prince Stephen caught my heart in his whispers. Just then, the music in the hall came to an end.

(Oh...)

Prince Stephen and I looked to the middle of the dance floor to see Miss Cecille coming towards us.

Cecille: "What are you two talking about...?"

Her voice was pleasant without any sense of censure in her question.

Stephen: "We were discussing how beautiful you look, of course."

Prince Stephen laughed as he spoke and Miss Cecille smiled in return as she staring at him curiously.

Cecille: "Oh you are clever, I'm sure as you say that to all the girls."

Prince Stephen assessed that she was joking before giving her a wide smile.

Stephen: "Of course not."

Stephen: "Would I be able to have the honor of the next dance, future princess?"

Prince Stephen held out his hand.

Cecille: "Of course."

Miss Cecille looked pleased as she took his hand and they lead back onto the dance floor.

(What? Miss Cecille's expression just now...)

For some reason, because her smile bothered me. As the two of them moved to the middle of the hall. Prince Wilfred came towards me as I watched him come closer when I felt my heart skipped a beat. Once he was close when he held out his hand to me.

Wilfred: "Would you like to dance with me?"

His low voice made my heart flutter.

(Prince Wilfred...)