(Princess Sequel) Chapter 1

(Wow... it's so spacious here...)

My face lit up at the spectacle before me.

Regina: "The wind feels wonderful, doesn't it, Wilfred?"

I asked, peering at the face of Prince Wilfred, my most dearling beloved husband.

Wilfred: "Yeah... it sure does."

He smiled faintly. We were at a gigantic plantation in the Philip Kingdom that we had come to on an official inspection. It was a well-known place in the kingdom, but this was my first time visiting.

Claude: "Prince Wilfred, Lady Regina, if you could come right this way..."

Our steward, Claude, guided us into the plantation. And we set foot into a farmhouse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Wow, my goodness...)

Inside were huge mounds of harvested vegetables. The plantation workers were sorting them all out. Claude gave us an explanation.

Claude: "This is where they sort their harvest out by color, shape, and damage."

There was no telling how long sorting out those giant mounds would take. As we stepped into the area, the separators gave us passing glances, but they quickly grew disinterested and continued their work.

Wilfred: "I see."

(This looks... really hard...)

But a faint sense of something amiss tickled at the back of my mind.

(I can see that they're busy, but...)

(Do they normally act this way when royalty visits?)

The sight before my eyes was an ordinary scene that I'd seen plenty of on TV and in the media. But they didn't seem merely busy. I couldn't help but I feel a hint of hostility in the atmosphere. But no one else seemed to notice...

Wilfred: "And this is how the separated items go on to be sold as foods, hm?"

Prince Wilfred was looking around admiringly.

(Huh...? Is this the first time about Wilfred's seen anything like this?)

As I wondered to myself, I felt something clinging to my leg.

(Ack... what's this...?)

I hastily looked down, and...

(...Huh?)

It was a little boy with shining eyes.

Regina: "Can I help you?"

Boy: "Who're you, Miss?"

A giggle escaped my lips at his question.

Regina: "Hello there. I'm..."

Just as I started to smile. Bodyguards swiftly surrounded us.

Bodyguard: "Please step back from Lady Regina."

The man of bodyguard spoke in a low tone down at the boy with a threatening posture. The boy shrunk back and he clung more tightly to me.

(Ah...)

Bodyguard: "Look here..."

I started to interject, when...

Woman: "Come on, now. You can't do that..."

A young lady hurried over to me and she pried the boy off of my leg. Then she bowed deeply to the bodyguard and me.