(Sequel) Chapter 4

The morning sun filtered through. I felt the sun's ray and woke up in a bed with a nostalgic aroma surrounding me. I turned my head to see Prince Wilfred was snoring quietly beside me.

(Wilfred...)

I was feeling a little disorientated when I found myself as smiling.

(Oh, that's right. I came home to see my family...)

I recalled the night before and I looked over at Prince Wilfred's sleeping form. His brows was slightly furrowed. He looked uncomfortable.

(Oh...)

Just then, his eyes are opened. I smiled when he looked fuzzily over to me and he soft smile spread across his face.

Wilfred: "Mornin..."

Regina: "Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

Wilfred: "Of course. I slept next to you."

He pulled me close and he touched his lips to my temple.

Wilfred: "How about you? Did you sleep alright?"

Regina: "Yes, I did."

I responded with a smile. He looked relieved as he sat up in the bed. He ran his hand through his hair and he stared dreamily out the window. His smile vanished. The emotion drained from his eyes.

(Oh...)

I waited with bated breath. He seemed to notice my stares and he turned back to me... he smiling warmly once more. I couldn't tell if he was forcing the smile or if it was genuine.

(I wonder if I can do something to help him relax...?)

Wilfred: "What's wrong, Regina?"

Regina: "Oh, I was wondering if you wanted to come for a walk...?"

Regina: "So nobody will see us at this hour."

Wilfred: "Yes. I had wanted to see the neighborhood when you grew up in before we leave."

Regina: "Well, shall we get ready then?"

I was about to climb out of the bed as I spoke when he pulled me close.

Wilfred: "Thank you for being here for me."

Hus lips hovered before mine before they touched. He ran his hand across my pajamas to making me startling.

(Oh god...)

He withdrew his kiss and I could see his eyes dancing mishievously before me.

Wilfred: "Do you need help about getting dressed?"

Regina: "W-Wilfred! Don't tease me like that about first thing in the morning..."

Wilfred: "Who's teasing? I'm being serious."

Regina: "H-Honestly...!"

We both erupted into smiles and then we got changed. Then we went outside into the quiet streets where there wasn't another soul in sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked hand in hand down the streets near my home with no partuclar destination in mind.

Regina: "That's the park when I used to play in..."

Regina: "And I often used to visit those shops with my beloved mother, cause she's a queen."

Wilfred: "They look lively."

Regina: "Yes. The shopkeepers were really nice and often gave me a discount."