Chapter 14

Two boys were playing together.

Boy A: "This has to be kept secret alright?"

Boy A: "If Father or Brother ever find out, we'll be in big trouble."

Boy B: "Yes, I understand."

The two boys exchanged a smile and they headed down towards a lake. There, the boy walking behind became agitated and called out.

Boy B: "There... watch out!"

The boy walking in front jump a little in response. Just then, the boy in front slipped on the edge of the lake.

Boy A: "Whaaaa!"

Boy B: "Wilfred!"

Their hands connected and the boy called Wilfred stopped sliding and just before cause he was about to fall into the lake. The other lad tried to pull Wilfred up, his face twisted with pain.

Will: "You need to let me go. Otherwise we'll both fall in."

Boy B: "But..."

They argued for a while, before they lost their grip. Wilfred fell into the lake.

Boy B: "Wahhhhh!"

...Afterwards.

Man: "Claude, how could this have happened while you were there with him!?"

Men with stern looks on their faces surrounded the boy then scolding him.

Young Claude: "I'm sorry."

However, Wilfred still soaked through from the lake and he just laughed.

Young Will: "I was too hot so a quick dip was just the thing."

Man: "Your Highness, that is not the issue here..."

One of the men spoke and Wilfred gave him a sharp look.

Young Will: "Claude tried to stop me, but I jumped in."

The man seemed lost for words for a moment, before he bowing hastily.

Man: "My apologies. Please, take this."

He held out a towel, but Wilfred didn't take it and with a huff and he turned his head then he walked away.

Young Will: "I don't need it. And if you say anything further I will not be forgiving."

Young Will: "Let's go, Claude."

Wilfred called Claude seemed a little flustered and Claude moved to follow after Wilfred.

Young Claude: "Y-Yes!"

Claude followed quickly. Taking the man's towel in hand cause he held it out to Wilfred.

Young Claude: "E-Excuse me, but if you don't dry yourself you might catch a cold..."

Wilfred stopped as Claude offered the towel then he took it with a smile.

Young Will: "Okay, if you say so."

Wilfred began drying himself off with the towel and Claude lowered his head.

Young Claude: "I want to say thank you for standing up for me back there..."

Young Claude: "I promise to protect you even better from now on, Your Highness."

Wilfred gave a soft smile at this speech.

Young Will: "Yes, I don't have many people as I can trust in the castle and you are the only one."

Young Claude: "Your Highness..."