(Princess Sequel) Chapter 9

Around the time when the earth-shattering scandal was first made public in the Philip Kingdom. Michel was having lunch at Castle Nobel Michel. And he received report about it from his steward, Zain.

Noble: "I see. That's quite troubling."

Noble: "I have no doubt the Spencer house is in quite a tight spot from this as well..."

Zain: "Yes, sir. How shall we address this matter?"

After giving it some thought... Michel put down his silverware.

Noble: "Well... I'm sure the Philip Kingdom has its hands full at the moment, so..."

Noble: "Just tell them to contact me when things have settled down."

Zain: "...Very good, sir."

Noble: "Also... check up on the other kingdoms for me."

Noble: "We will offer aid with the shipping fees as necessary."

Zain: "...Yes, sir."

He nodded and started to leave... then he paused and looked to Michel.

Zain: "I could also check up on Lady Regina..."

Michel's expression softened.

Noble: "I'll call her up myself. You can take care of the rest."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, on the certain farm... the farm was in an uproar over the press conference being held by Prince Wilfred, prince of the Philip Kingdom.

Farmer A: "Did you see Prince Wilfred's announcement!?"

Farmer B: "Yeah. From the way he was talking about those shipping fees might disappear."

Farmer C: "Yeah! And they could even change the tax rates..."

This was hardly limited to their farm. Every farm worker across the Philip Kingdom was in a similar state. But...

Older Man: "Come on, back to work!"

Older Man: "We aren't going to see how the taxes or shipping fees turn out any time soon!"

Older Man: "If you've got the time to sit around speculatin', get to packin' these goods!"

Farmers: "Y-Yesssir...!"

The middle-aged man watched the workers get back to work with a quiet huff.

Older Man: "Never thought I'd see the day... Prince Wilfred's somethin' else, alright."

He mutter with a smile as the workers wiped sweat off their brows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several weeks after the press conference. While they had a good idea of what all had been done, it would still be a while before it all came to trial, so the three ministers received temporary releases on bail. While the maid had acted illegally, she was shown favor for her role in solving the matter and got off without any punishment. Minister Adolph was cleared of wrongdoing with the shipping fees. But he did instigate Claude to leak information. And he had a lot of work ahead of him to atone for the crime of attempting to sabotage the royal family. With the review of the Philip Kingdom's system of approvals... the tax rate review was still a long way away. As a result, Prince Wilfred stayed constantly busy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the midst of all this, there was growing support for a complete repeal of the temporarily frozen shipping fees. Tomorrow, a press conference would be held to discuss that. Prince Wilfred was making a rare stop at home to prepare for that and I was in our bedroom as awaiting his arrival. Then I heard the ringtone of my cell phone.