(Second Sequel) Chapter 3

Even my wonderful long-awaited date with Prince Wilfred... was cut short by a phone call to him from Prince Stephen. We hastened back to Philip Castle. And we made our way to the hospital to where Lady Cecille's father had been taken. He was in critical condition. Because of that, there was no telling when we'd get to see him... but we ran across Lady Cecille in the hallway. She told us all about it... and she tears running down her cheeks.

Cecille: "As we told you before, our relatives have been raising a fuss about my broken-off engagement with Wilfred..."

Cecille: "Father has borne the full force of those complaints for our sakes."

Regina: "Lady Cecille..."

Regina: "Was this about what you came to discuss with me when you visited, before?"

She looked away sharply.

Cecille: "...I'm sorry."

Cecille: "Stephen is working so hard and I was afraid of acting selfish in the face of that..."

Lady Cecille started sobbing and Prince Wilfred spoke up.

Wilfred: "Stephen's been at the doctor's side ever since the breakoff."

Wilfred: "He's been working ceaselessly on research as so critical that it could win about him as a Nobel Prize."

Wilfred: "But yet, your relatives still refuse to accept it?"

Cecille: "Yes..."

According to Prince Wilfred, but Prince Stephen was doing research on a certain virus with a certain researcher friend. They had made a new discovery. It had won them both great recognition. And prospects seemed to point to a Nobel Prize for them, but...

Regina: "Wait... the Nobel Prize is a pretty famous prize, isn't it?"

Regina: "And nothing's changed, despite that?"

Cecille: "That's... that's right."

Cecille: "It might not have been that way if not for Stephen being in line for the throne..."

Cecille: "They're being stubborn, too..."

She looked like she was ready to break down crying. I felt a twinge at the sight of her.

Wilfred: "But your parents accept it, yes?"

Cecille: "...Yes. They've been accepting of Stephen and I being together..."

Cecille: "And they've given every encouragment to his choice to live out his life as a doctor..."

She said as she holding her head in her hands.

Cecille: "But Father's standing between us and them. With his collapse..."

Cecille: "If they go after Stephen again, I'd just..."

Prince Wilfred gave a soft murmur in reply as his expression pained.

Wilfred: "...I'm sorry. If only I'd realzied sooner..."

Cecille: "No, don't be..."

Cecille: "I mean... Stephen didn't want you to know about it, Wilfred..."

Her words left Wilfred and I both perplexed.

Regina: "But why? They're brothers..."

Cecille: "Well..."

She started to say... then she fell silent. Prince Wilfred finished her sentence for her.

Wilfred: "It's precisely because we're brothers, isn't it?"