Chapter 4 - Maximus

A/N Maximus at the top

Maximus's POV

I've been chasing these Rouges for about a day and a half. When I felt this sudden pain in my chest. Where the hell was it coming from.

> MATE! She near so much closer then she was. But she's in pain. A lot of pain. <

Donovan my wolf yells in my head.

> I told you I don't need nor want a mate so no I don't believe you.<

> Just because you don't want one. Nor think you need one doesn't mean I don't want or need my mate. <

> Shut it wolf we don't need her. <

> Yes we do! <

> whatever. and what do we do about the pain now? <

> Wish her pain goes away quickly so we can focus. <

My Beta looks at me. Then speaks through our link.

> Alpha Maximus are you okay? <

> I'm fine just stepped on something I'll be fine. <

> If you say so? <

We wonder on we've almost crossed about six different pack lands so we've had to be careful. These Rouges seem to be smart but not as smart as me. That's for sure. They think hunting down and hitting small packs near me is smart so that makes them dumb but being able to avoid running through other pack lands is pretty dumb so whatever. I don't mind walking through it would just slow us down and put us off a few days which would piss me off. Suddenly the pain I felt earlier was back and getting worse by the second. What the hell is happening to her that I have to feel it now. Of all times I haven't even met her and she already causing me trouble. She's starting to piss me off. This pain has got to stop. I can't even move right now thanks to it.

> Are you sure your okay Alpha? <

> Just sit and relax I'm feeling my mate and she's in pain. <

> Sir when did you meet her? <

> I haven't met her. It pisses me off what happening that's this bad. Just let me lay here and rest for a minute send someone ahead to track a little further. <

> Yes alpha rest. I hope the best for your mate. <

I roll my eyes. I don't care I just want the pain to end. I rest my head on my paw. I slowly drift to sleep.

(dreamworld)

I look up there stands a beautiful young girl. She just barely got to be out of high school. She standing in one of the fields near the pack house. She too far away for me to make out her face. I try and get closer. But I'm stuck in place. Children run around her. One looks very much like me.

"Max don't be mad okay. The children in the pack only wanted to play with ~~~~~~~~. So I brought him out. I couldn't help but join them, love. Look how much fun they are having."

She slowly walks closer. Then something runs out the woods. She turns around and suddenly she has gone and everything is how I left the pack. No little one that looks like me running around. Just some of the pack kids training, not playing.

I woke up. The pain was gone.

> Alpha Maximus the rogues are attacking the Silvermoon pack. <

That's the only pack that matches my pack in strength due to the current Luna a future alpha having magic. They say the luna is the reincarnation of the first alpha king mate and the moon goddess daughter. I heard that the future alpha also has a twin sister who seems to be a runt. I'd hate to be in that mates shoes. Who wants a weakling as a mate. She can't even use her magic right.