Chapter 22 - Whoa

Maximus POV

Amelia and I walk to my office. Everyone stares at us as we walk through the room. They bow their heads. I return the jester but they seem to not like it that Amelia isn't doing the same. I mean they respect her due to the fact that she is my mate but they don't know in this form she's blind.

"They're bowing their heads but you can't see it so if they don't seem to like you at first you know why."

She gulped and nodded. It was meant to be a joke but I think I just made some fear come to life. Her body is stiff.

"Where are they?"

"Huh?"

"The pack members I can feel their eyes but I can't place them."

"Well mostly behind us why?"

She turned around. Everyone looked at her.

"I'm so sorry you were showing me respect and I can't see it I'm so sorry. In my human form, so in this form, I can't see anything so anything you do I can't see. I also can't hear your thoughts yet so I can't tell what you think of me. But I can only assume it can only be bad things. I went after a pack member who may be my age but it was uncalled for how I did so. But you must understand that I feel out of place here and Alpha Maximus and Beta Lincoln are the only ones here I know. So if you couldn't try and forgive me. I am truly so sorry."

She bows completely. Placing us all into shock. A Luna bowing like this is a very rare sight. I mean my pack only saw it when they've visited other packs. Never hear at the highest ranking pack in North America. My mother never apologized for anything nor my grandmother. So I'm pretty sure anyone in this room would be shocked. I mean I for sure am at the site of my mate right now. Then one of the pack pups moves towards her. She heard the steps but decided to not scare the girl by moving to fast. It was a little girl, I think her name if Sofia? She tapped her leg.

"Um, we're sowy Luna. So, pwease forgive us."

Amelia went and got on her level.

"Oh, it's okay little one I was never mad at all. It takes a lot for that to happen. I just feel so sorry for not be able to show you all back the respect that you're showing me. In my old pack it was hard for them to adjust to the idea of a blind werewolf. But since I was there Alpha and Luna's daughter and second born they learned to adapt. So to show their respect they would bow but also tell me through the pack link so I knew that they were there. I would acknowledge them as well and the day would go on. As my mother would say you show them the respect they'll show you respect."

The little girl smiled after Amelia patted her head. The girl went to walk away but turned around and gave her a hug before running over to her parents. I felt something tugging my lips up. This moment made me smile. Hell, I've never shown any of them a smile what the hell was wrong with me. A bunch of the older pack members giggled. 

Amelia got up and walked back over to me.

"You know I may be blind but I know your smiling love."

"They are whispering and I can hear them."

I slap my hand to my hand and rush up the steps as my mate keeps up as she giggles. I put on a straight face as I walk into my office.

"Alpha."

I saw that Lawson was already there waiting. He stood up as I walked in and bowed his head.

I slowly walked to my desk waiting for Amelia. Then Amelia walked into the room. 

"Luna."

"Lawson, I'm sorry for my action earlier I stepped out of line. I'm not your luna yet and I used the idea of that power over you and for that I am sorry."

I didn't like that she shouldn't apologize for using her Luna power.

"No Luna it is my fault I slept with a person who wasn't my mate."

"I only have one question for you though Lawson, I'm sure you know what it is but if I may ask, Why?"

He gulped. Amelia tried to find me by my heartbeat but ran into a chair. I jumped up and guided her to my chair. I checked her face for any sign of pain.

"Sorry I walked to fast for you to keep up with me mate, are you okay?"

"Maximus I'm fine it was a chair, not a bookshelf I'll live. I'm blind, not stupid now back to you Lawson. I want to know, Why?"

I turned my head from my mate to Lawson. He gulped again. He was not ready for this question. 

"I don't know Luna."

"I'm not asking as your Luna or as Lincoln friend or Maximus' mate."

Wait why was I the last part of that sentence.

"I'm asking you as someone who has a different opinion of gay mate bonds. I grew up with a few well three gay uncles who all have kids. One was a big singer and never lets anyone live that down, my one uncle is the second alpha of a pack with his much younger mate, and last but not least my favorite a beta who happened to be the reincarnation of the moon goddess son who mated to a vampire. Which reminds me Uncle Ben said he was 3 minutes out. Plus my brother is mated to your Gemma Levi. And I love all of them for who they are not who their mate is."

He gulped again.

"Maximus you're glaring at him which is making his heart beat increase because he's scared. Can you please leave the room and help Uncle Ben. It seems your pack wants to pick a fight with a vampire."

I huffed. This was my office.

>Alpha there is a Vampire trying to enter pack lands says he has your mates things. Should I let him in?<

>Yes Jefferson let him in worn him to be careful everyone in this pack won't like they sent a vampire to drop things off.<

"I'll be back."

"Okay."