Chapter 16 - The Last

Maximus POV

We had finish packing in silence. We had decided to watch a movie. Though she couldn't see it. It was mesmerizing how she seem to enjoy it. How her eyes lit up at the end. How when things got kind of weird in the middle how she talked herself into my side. I think about what she had said earlier. My head still wrapping those word around itself. Word I never thought I would hear in my 22 years of life. The words...

"I love you too."

My brain just can't function right now. Those words ment everything to me. Sure we only just met but they felt so right. Then I felt something swell at the thought of her under me. Oh great now I'm the horny dog. Sure I don't think it's a good idea to sleep with her right now. But here I am sleeping next to her trying my best not to get hard and become something I feat. 

These reasons are why I don't wanna think about being hard right now sure some would say that just proves your in love but to some it does the opposite. But between her wounderful smell of a garden and honey and her slinder body that fits mine perfectly I'm having a hard time.

Now don't get me wrong it's great and I love it and her but I have this feeling like something will happen if I try and make a move. Like I'll start acting like an animal and force myself on her. But that's the bond it wants to do things so quickly I don't think I can handle it. I want her to be ready. I don't want her to feel forced to do it just because of our animal instincts. I truly want her to want it to want me.

My mind drifts to the past a memory I want to truly forget happened. One that haunts me every time I think of the past.

Flashback

I'm walking through the house looking for my favorite person, Tammy. She was a pack worker that would come and watch us when mommy and daddy were busy with wirk. She had promised to read me a story before bed. As I walk past the kitchen I hear it. The sound someone yelling at someone.  I wander to it checking it out.

"I told you that you are MINE now do as I say and come with me. Or I'll make you do it here for all to see woman."

I couldn't make out who it was. But I couldn't see who the girl was either.

"You are not my mate so stop. Leave me be please alpha. I would like to save myself for my real mate."

That word I knew it to well. That ment the man was daddy but I could tell that the woman was not my mommy the real woman that was his mate.

He slapped her across the face. Then pushed her body onto the table. Forcing up her skirt. I heard the zipper of his pants start to unzip. He looked like an animal. His eyes black and some emotion I didn't know.

I was panicking what was he doing. His mate might be dead but still. Then I saw the girls face. It was Tammy when she saw me she did all she could to get me out of there.

But I could not let this go any further.  I ran in and pushed my father. He growled back in return and with one slap sent me flying across the room.

"You brat how dare you."

He walked closer. Sure I was scared who wouldn't be. But then Tammy tried to step in and save me.

"Please Alpha don't hit your son again he did what the thought was right even though it upset you. Please I'll do anything don't hit him again."

Her eyes looked like she knew what he wanted full and we'll. He huffed.

"Fine, Max go to your room."

I didn't budge from where I was.

Then he grew angrier at that and used the alpha tone that I hated.

"NOW!!!"

Tammy nodded and I got up. I left the kitchen and ran to my room. But I promised myself that I would not cry for Tammy sake.

Flashback end

I would not turn into him I would not do just for the hell of it. I'd do it for love with someone who agreed I would not force it. And I promised to kill anyone like that.

That flashback make it to were I'm in a panic state but being next to Amelia makes me happier.

I pull the hair out of her face and kiss her cheek.

"I promise you Amelia that I will protect you until I die."

With that I rapped her up in my arms. Tingles rush over me.  I loved it. My mini me liked too. But I try not to think about him as I hold my mate in my arms as she soundly asleep there. Her dreams seem to be happy as their is a smile across her lips that makes even me want to be there with her.

I kiss her again.

"I love you Amelia Silvermoon. I wish you the best of dreams. Goodnight my love."