Chapter 14 - Getting Ready

Amelia's Pov

Soon enough lunch ended and Maximus went to the true pack house to meet with my father. This was boring I have nothing to do. I can't see anything so I can't really just go for a walk and not expect to run into something. Well if I'm moving I might as well pack something right. He can't be away from his pack for too much longer anyway.

"Mom?!"

"Yes, Amelia?"

"Um, do you wanna help me pack. I know we don't really know what's going on but it's still better safe than sorry right?"

I could tell that threw her off. She didn't know what to say.

"Um... sure let me go get some boxes."

I walk over to her and hug her. I know I just made her realize that I have to leave. She understands the whole mate this. Her brother, my uncle, Josh was mated to someone from another pack. He left right after but she still stays in touch. She always tells me she receives at least 1 phone call a week from him. Telling her how much he misses her and their siblings. I heard that he even has a kid around Tyler's age. Sure he's my mom's adopted brother but still her brother. Which means I've had a cousin I've never really meet. Due to the fact that they live on the other side of the county, we only ever meet for formal events. Which don't happen often due to the amount of peace in the area?

But back to mom. She held left my hug and went to get those boxes. I walked upstairs and got my suitcases. I opened them. I slowly put my clothes inside of it. One by one. It became slower and slower thanks to the overwhelming weight I was feeling in my chest. I was leaving really leaving for good gone. Probably never to come back.

I searched my room for my sketchbook. Grabbing a pencil I sat at my window. I thought of a picture in my head. The child in my dream was what came to mind. They were small almost the same in every way, but one had very light freckles, almost invisible though.

My hand hit the paper of my notebook. Slowly but surely I could feel that I was close to finishing. Then I felt something fall down my face. I wiped it off my face searching for the cause of this. my conclusion was that at some point I started to cry.

It felt like I was being hit by a truck my emotions were full on. What happens if I get homesick? What happens if Alex or even Tyler gets hurt? What happens if Alex decides that he doesn't want to be an Alpha? And if he does, all those years of training go down the drain. Who would take over? My brother, nor my cousins, nor even Helena are ready to suddenly ready to be an Alpha. Its not that they can't but dad would have to change how they are being taught for their positions. I mean Tyler already said if something happens to us he doesn't want to be an Alpha. What will the pack do? Plus none of them will have true Alpha blood unlike the 3 of us. What happens if my new pack doesn't like me at all? What if they think I'm a burden to all of them. I feel useless. I'm not that special. I'm blind which would make things harder for them.

I held on tightly to the picture I had drawn of the two boys I saw in my head. They were beautiful. Their hair shaved on the sides and around the back but long and curly on top. Sort of like Alex's and Tyler's from my touch perspective. The beautiful light colored eyes that sparkled in that open field. I want to see them. The thought of them makes my heart feel full. But I'll probably never be able to meet them. I'll never be able to see them. To hold them in my arms. Have them near me at all times. To have them search and play around with. To take care of when they need me.

I miss them and I've never even met them. My tears fell from my eyes quicker and quicker until I was sobbing slowly to myself all alone. I knew Alex was Levi were talking and getting to know each other. Maximus was with my dad. Tyler was god knows were.

I heard a knock on the door. I wiped my face and put my book down.

"You can come in."

My voice light. This sent was familiar but not anymore from my pack.

"Hey I heard crying and I came to check on you. Are you okay Luna?"

It was Lincoln, but wow was that different I forgot I was gonna become a Luna now.
"Um yeah just thinking."

I mean it wasn't a lie. His footsteps got closer. He picked something up.

"This is good who drew it?"

"Huh, what is it?"

"Two boys identical in every way. They look like a mixture of you and Max. They have light eyes like you and his curly dark hair. They even have your brother Tyler's haircut. One has a light trace of freckles across his making him look a little different I almost looked at them. The one with freckles also seems to be a few millimeters shorter than the other."

"I drew it. I see them playing in my dreams almost every night. We all play in this open field near a castle looking home due to the stonework. There other children but those two I see clear as day until I wake up and they're gone."

"Wow, that's beautiful. I remember Max saying he dreamed he and his mate were doing something like that but he could never really see her face or the children in it. I never knew someone blind could draw this good. No offense at all its a compliment I promise. I never even seen someone, not blind draw this good. I wish it was in color it would be even better than it is now."

I'm shocked I never knew this boy could talk so much. He seemed like the quiet type.

"Thank you."

"Welcome and if you ever need anybody to talk to I'm here okay Luna."

"Can you not call me that yet I'm not ready for that change right this second. If you would be so kind as to help me pack for our trip to your pack house."

"I almost forgot you would have to leave here. Its so peaceful I don't really wanna leave. Back home it's boring no one likes to talk about anything. It's sort of dark and depressing there. Unlike here everyone is full a life. Talking with each other and getting along."

"Oh."

"Oh, by the way, the house you describe was the Alpha, Beta, and Gemma's house pretty well. Its the old pack house from back in the day in the dead center of the pack lands. Between the woods and an open field. Its an old stone building surrounded by a bunch of newer houses and the new pack house looks like an apartment complex building in the forest. Alpha and Luna get the top floor. Beta and his mater well my mate will be on the second floor and the Gemma and his mate get the bottom floor. Its gonna be a big adjustment but everyone there will try their best to help out, to make it easier. I just have one request act like you would here. I would tell you a story but it is not mine to tell. Its been almost a year since it happened so don't get too noisy not many people know what happened. But I've already said too much."

I didn't say anything just nodded. Lincoln seemed different than my mate and Levi.

"What's gonna happen with Levi and my brother? Since my brother the alpha, it would be difficult if he were to step down. But it would be difficult for Levi and your pack too. What do you think will happen?"

"I'm sure your mate and your father will figure something out. If not then they will ask your brother and Levi. I mean they could have a pack merge it be a lot of paperwork and your brother would have to drop his title as well as your packs Beta and Gemma title. So you would need their okays for that to happen."

"Yeah, I guess. I just fear something going wrong too much. I panic thinking about it. My brother will have the full right to say no to his Alpha title to be with his mate. But I can't inherit it since I'm blind. Little Tyler would have to double his training. Plus if Levi decided to stay Max would have to pick a new Gemma and only the goddess knows who that could be."

"Your right, but things will work out in the end. So don't worry.  Let me help you pack ok?"

"Um sure thank you Lincoln."

"Welcome. "