Chapter 21 - Oh, Moon Goddess

Maximus's POV

"Could that be it Steve?"

"Um, I guess it could be Alpha but we can't really ask him. We can't even use the pack link to get to him."

One second she in my arms than the next she's behind me. Puff she was gone like magic, I'm lucky the weight change wasn't much. I turned toward the rest of the pack members. She was in front of two younger pack members a boy and girl. The girl fell to the ground in shock of her suddenly being right there. But Amelia wasn't focused on her at all. I walked over towards them. 

The pack member was Lawson a very rude teenager who just turned 18 before we left. Let's just say he was raised by his homophobic grandparents after his mother died giving birth to him and his father couldn't handle not having his mate even though he had a pup he just couldn't do it saying that his pup looked like his dead mate. So his grandparents took him in and raised them in their ways. So they don't like the idea of two guys or two girls together and make a point of it every time they see a couple like that. 

"Sir, can you tell me why your face looks like that for Beta Lincoln? You wouldn't happen to know who his mate is would you?"

When she said that the boy's body twitched. The women was trying to get up to get in her face. I kinda want to see where this goes.

"Our Beta has yet to meet his mate. You have no right to question my boyfriend like this. Who do you think you are you, rogue."

Amelia seemed to through her words to the side. The next thing she said shocked me not because she said them but the way her voice sent chills up my spine.

"I'd watch your mouth girl, I am your Luna and I would rather you keep your pie hole you call a mouth shut when I ask a pack member a question."

The voice sort of sounded like an alpha voice when they tried to control a pack member who stepped out of line but here she was a luna doing the same thing.

The girl gulped. Then the young man looked down. He muttered something but I didn't hear it which is weird since I'm a werewolf and not just any werewolf but an alpha.

"You know even though you used a light voice I can still hear you. I've relied on my ears since birth you can't trick them. If he is your mate then why not treat him like one? What so important to damage a mate bond for someone who isn't your mate?"

Everyone was staring but at the moment she didn't care.  I grabbed her waist.

"Now, now Amelia no reason to get so mad and cause a scene."

She looked at me pissed.

"You know I see a reason but your right. Fighting this bastard for sleeping with someone who is not his mate when he knows who his mate is disgraceful. I'm gonna go with them now so catch me when you can."

I turn around for the next second she's about two football fields away from me. Next to Steve and Lincoln.

"Well talk to you later Lawson. Don't go anywhere got that boy."

He gulped and his eyes were on the ground.

"Yes, Alpha."

They start leaving in order to catch up I start to jog over. I'm sent a glare that could kill from my mate. I'm pretty sure it means that I'm in the doghouse and we haven't even really had times to myself. Then I hear Donovan voice in the back of my head.

>Wow, that mate of ours is a very scary woman. Can we please find a way out the doghouse as I put it.<

>I couldn't agree with you more. But why she'd get angry? What did I do?<

> No clue Maximus I mean you did make her step down in protecting her new friend. At the moment that's the only other person she knows she can talk to and now he's dying because of a stupid kid. I mean I'd be pissed too but think she's in a uniformizer place where no one knows her and she is about to be handed the title of Luna of our pack. Think carefully Maximus she scared and pretty much alone in this big pack that might become bigger if her brother gets his way.<

>You know you've got a point there Donovan. But fighting with people isn't going to get her anywhere.<

>But that voice when she said: "I'd watch your mouth girl, I am your Luna and I would rather you keep your pie hole you call a mouth shut when I ask a pack member a question." She used her Luna voice even though we haven't marked her yet. I would have mated her then and there.<

>Oh shut it you horny wolf. We'll have her when she's ready.<

>Well that's until there's a full moon because we both know we won't be able to control ourselves and if I remember correctly that's in a good what week?<

>I know that but I have to talk to her about it and were not at that point and time yet so just be quiet. First I need to get out of the doghouse.<

I had to keep my distance in keeping up with my mate and Beta. I didn't want to piss her off and make it worse.

I finally make to the pack house. I mind linked Lawson to make his way to my office. I'd be there in ten minutes but he needs to be in there already waiting.

I walked into the room that they put Lincoln in. He had shifted back luckily and Amelia was sitting there she had lost her ears and tail are gone. It seems she can't see me now either.

"How is he?"

"Fine now that his mate stopped shaving sex with another person. Who does that? I mean they know who their mate is yet they do something that hurts both of them. I can't believe that. So what if their mate is a guy no one cares anymore. I mean they can still have kids of their own. I mean it's not that bad I mean my Uncle Jayson and Ben are on number 3 right now for a fact. Why? I don't understand really not at all. I mean the hard part is finding out who tops and who bottoms. Ugh, I don't get it ugh!"

Her eyes are watering I don't think she noticed though. I walk over and crouch in front of her. wiping them off of her beautiful face. 

"Hey I don't know either but I promise that it's not your fault. Lawson the boy you were yelling at earlier is a pack member who was raised by homophobic grandparents. His parents didn't care about things like that but his grandparents did very much so. So he was raised to hate gay people. Plus he's young and only had heterosexual relationships before. Not all people are as accepting as some. So please don't be too mad at him. I'm going to go talk to him if you wanna come as well."

She takes a deep breath and nods her head.

"Okay then let's go then."

I put my hand on hers and she takes it. Her head turns to the bed and she talks to his sleeping body.

"Be back later Lincoln to check on you. Promise."

Oh, Moon Goddess she's so sweet. Now do I like her saying that to some other guy no but I also think about me and Donovan chat earlier. He's the only other person she has gotten to know so of course, she feels this need to make sure he's okay.