Chapter 20 - The King's Pack

A/N: Aashema's bigger wolf form compared to the pup sided pup from an earlier chapter.

Amelia's POV

I'm so very nervous. Not only am I meeting my new pack as their soon to be Luna. It also seems that Aasemah made a deal with Donovan. Which means I've challenged my mate. Goddess, what will happen if I lose.

>We won't lose. I'll make sure of that.<

What does she have up her sleeves? This wolf is gonna get me killed.

Earlier today

"I think it's time we gave our humans control okay? It's for the best. I mean they do need to get going and if they're going to have one more tagging along you need to be ready. Oh and we're running with you no buts about it. I don't like the idea of following in a truck. I hate it and so does she. She expects to be babied by her family but not by you. So I made up my mind and I will shift and I will almost be a full-sized wolf just like you and everyone else. Maybe we'll even have a race to see who gets there first."

"I accept your challenge but what do Maximus and I get if we win?"

"I don't know yet, what about when we win?

"No clue dearest."

"Talk to you later Donovan."

"Talk late Aasemah."

After that, I took over. Even though she could see earlier I was blind yet again. A Grey cloud coving Maximus' face. Even though he was right there. I sigh.

"So why don't we see if your wolf was lying or not."

That strung a cord. He just insulted my wolf. Is he stupid?

 "Fine, we will."

"Well let's get going."

>Aashema I'm scared.<

>Just think of me, not the one in the mirror but the one you've to drown so many times. The large silver wolf with the weird tattoos on my left hip bone. That me not the pup from the other day. You don't even have to take your clothes off thanks to mom not having an issue with that. Just picture me in your mind and there I will be.<

We walk inside everyone turned to us. I can tell because of the pressure I get from their eyes.

"Family hug?"

I suggested and everyone rushed over pushing Maximus away from Aashema and I. Oh well I promised them a goodbye before I left and this is what that is.

"Goodbye Everyone I love you all so much. Mom for your overbearing personality, Dad for your overbearing protectiveness. Alex for always being there, Tyler for always giving me a reason to smile. Uncle Ben for putting up with uncle Jayson. Uncle Jayson for always knowing what to say. Please tell Uncle Jacob, Aunt Savannah, Uncle James, Aunt Carin, Uncle Jonathan, Aunt Anabel, Uncle JC, Uncle Taylor, and Grandma Manami, Great-Aunt Musami, Great-Uncle Tommy, Aunt Kat, Uncle Jeremy, and anybody else I forgot to mention that I love them and I'm sorry they weren't here so I could tell them goodbye."

I heard tears fall to the floor as most of them sniffle. Finally, everyone pulls apart. My mom, on the other hand, doesn't let go. She just hugs me for another minute or two. Her hand goes to my face.

"I love you pup, don't forget to call and tell me whats going on."

"Okay mom, we've got to get going. See you there Uncle Ben."

"Okay, see you there."

I take a deep breath and walk out of the house and off the porch as Maximus guides us down the steps. I start to put the image of what Aashema looks like.