Missing the old him

Edited by 💜💜💜@taetrash8397💜💜💜

Then finally our eyes met.

And...

The omega stilled, big doe eyes locked on mine, Blush creeping on his face. He immediately averted his gaze to the floor biting his pouty lips. What happened to this hyung? Why is he shying away from me.

"Hello hyung..."

"Hello jungkookie..."

He waved still studying that loose tile on the floor, tugging tightly on the hem of his sweater, blonde hair covering his warm brown eyes. He looks so cute though, being all shy and adorable.

"Hey... It’s rude talking to someone without looking at them, I'm offended hyung."

I teased him, fake disappointment lacing my voice as i clutched my chest . The reaction was instantaneous. His eyes brimmed with tears, lips trembling, the previous shy smile long gone. Is he really crying? Seriously? He looks so naive and...innocent?... like that.

"I-I'm sorry kookie.. I'm... I mean I didn't mean to be rude..I-"

I rushed to his side lifting his chin to make him look at me, since he has gotten much shorter than me. But instead of the ethereal heart-warming looks i just saw minutes ago i was met with a heart-wrenching sight;  watery eyes locked on mine, tears threatening to fall, heart shaped pouty lips quivering. I'm such an idiot. I made him cry, for the first time in my life. Never in all our years together had he cried because of me.

"Hey hey.. look at me hyung. It was just a joke. I was just teasing you. Ok?"

He's so emotional. I didn't mean to make him cry. Heck. He has never acted like this before. He had never cried over a joke. It wasn't even a joke. I don't see the point he's crying over.
In the old days, he used to be quite dominant for a beta. Someone once confused him for an alpha. He rarely cried. He never backed away from a challenge, never got upset over nothing. Saying that I'm utterly bewildered to see this new side of him would be the understatement of the year. This is not taehyung and that's the end of it.

He shook his head, regret reflecting in those gentle tear-filled eyes, those once fierce and wild eyes.

"Bu-but I really didn't mean to disappoint you kookie.. I-I was bad. I'm-"

I cut him off again cupping his cheeks with my hands as i wiped the fallen tears away, i couldn't handle the sight of them. He leaned into my touch, closing eyes. If suga hyung or jin hyung had seen this, I'll be doomed for making their favorite baby cry..

"Shh...shh...don't cry now hyung, ok? You didn't do anything bad. But if you cry like this, I'll feel even worse."

Then boom. The waterworks exploded. Hiccuping and sniffling from time to time, he was practically wailing.

What the fuck did I do? The kim taehyung is crying. I made my hyung cry. And why the fuck is he crying in the first place? Did I say something that wrong or hurtful for him to cry like that? My inner alpha is cussing the hell out of me for making the little omega so upset. And the reminder is enough to make me feel like shit.

"I'm sorry kookie... I'm so sorry...I'll never do that again. Look, now I'm even looking at you in the eye."

He's staring at me as if i were his favorite candy that his parents wouldn't let him get. What's he doing really? He's so submissive. He shouldn't do this. He shouldn't beg me. He shouldn't plead before me like that. That makes my alpha self all weird and craving something I can't figure out yet. And it's all so frustrating that i couldn't hold back my anger any more. Doesn't he have some self respect? Why is he doing this? I retracted my hands from his rosy cheeks.