Chapter eight- Nightmares

*Edited*

The next morning when Jabe woke Voldemort was still asleep. Jabe gives a small smile before reaching into her bag and bringing out a framed photo of the two soul mates dancing and smiling around a fountain and finally kissing. 

Jabe smiles and rubs her thumb over the photo with fondness before quietly setting it down on the table beside Voldemort. Jabe slowly stands before collecting her back and robe. She goes to leave but stops. Jabe turns back and leans down. 

Gently pressing a kiss to Voldemort's head Jabe whispers "I'll be back soon tom. I promise." Jabe swore she saw Voldemort smile in his sleep, as if he could hear her. Unbeknownst to Jabe, he could. Jabe sighs before quickly walking out and leaving the weakened dark lord to rest and regain his strength.

After Jabe had apperated back to her house she quietly walked in and set her bag down. From the silence Jabe assumes that Bellatrix was still asleep. She was right of course, that is until screams fill the house. 

Jabe drops the plate she was holding and races to Bellatrix's room. Bursting in Jabe sees Bellatrix on the bed thrashing and screaming. She was having a nightmare. And from the looks of it a bad one too. Jabe rushes to her sisters side and gently restrains her. Jabe didn't want to hurt her. But with how hard she was thrashing, Jabe might have been the one who ended up getting hurt. "Bella! Bella wake up it's just a dream. It's just a dream!" Jabe desperately screams as Bellatrix lets out another ear piercing scream.

 "Oh I hope she forgives me for this." Jabe sighs before grabbing her wand and shooting a stream of ice cold water into Bellatrix's face. Bellatrix screams and shoots up. Jabe grabs her sister and as Bellatrix goes to fight she says "Shhh bells it's ok. It's just me." Bellatrix visible relaxes and leans back against her sister, panting heavily. 

"Jabe..." She mumbles. Jabe shushes her gently. She gently strokes bellatrix's hair to calm her. Jabe had known that her time in azkaban had been horrible but she never imagined it was this bad. "Just relax bells. I'm here. Your safe." Jabe sooths hugging her sister tighter. Bellatrix sighs and rests her eyes. "It was awful Jabe..." Bellatrix whispers and Jabe shushes her gently. 

"I know Bella. But it's over now. Your safe." Jabe comforts. Bellatrix slowly nods and once she had slowed her breathing Jabe slowly lets go of her sister. "That's it bells. Just relax and slow your breath." Jabe says standing. 

Bellatrix sighs and goes to do the same but Jabe stops her. "No. Just rest. I'll fix you some breakfast." Jabe says. Bellatrix nods and asks "And then father?" Jabe sighs. "How do you feel? And be honest Bells." Jabe asks. 

Jabe knew her sister had a habit of being stubborn but right now Jabe needed to make sure Bellatrix would be strong enough to make the journey to see their father. "Tired. But a little stronger." Bellatrix reluctantly sighs. 

"We'll see how you feel after you've eaten." Jabe finally says. Bellatrix gives a nod and watches as jabe walks downstairs. Once downstairs Jabe cleans up the pieces of the broken plate before fixing Bellatrix some eggs. 

If Bellatrix could keep them down Jabe would move on to other foods. Jabe takes the eggs up to her sister and sits beside her on the bed. As Bellatrix eats silence fills the air. It is finally broken when Bellatrix says "You left last night." Jabe sighs and nods. 

" I know. I had something I needed to take care of." Bellatrix nods accepting this and going back to her eggs. "Bella." Jabe sighs pausing. Bellatrix shakes her head. "No I don't want to talk about them Jabe. Please. Their just to awful." 

Jabe sighs and nods hearing the pain that was clear in her sisters voice. "Alright Bella. But just know. If or when you're ready. I'm always here." Bellatrix shoots her sister a grateful smile. "How do you feel now?" Jabe asks after Bellatrix had finished the eggs. 

"Better." She says. Jabe nods before slowly helping her sister to her feet and into the bathroom. "Do you think you can do it Bells. I'm here if you need me." Jabe asks. Bellatrix sighs. She hated feeling as weak as she did. She absolutely loathed it. 

Even though it was her sister who was helping her Bellatrix still hated having to rely on someone to help her do everything. Despite this Bellatrix slowly shakes her head. She knew she wasn't strong enough to bath by herself. And if anyone was going to help her. She was glad it was her sister. Jabe nods and gently helps Bellatrix out of her clothes before running a bath. Jabe took note of the many many scars that covered her sister. 

And the horrible realization came to her. Bellatrix had been beaten. Maybe even raped. That's what her nightmares had been about. A single tear slips from Jabe's eyes before she turns and hugs her sister tightly. 

Bellatrix sighs knowing Jabe had figured it out. "I'm so sorry bells. I should have come sooner. I'm sorry." Jabe whispers with tears. Bellatrix shushes her sister and shakes her head. "No. It's not your fault Jabe. It's the potter brats fault." Bellatrix whisper. Jabe sighs and kisses her sisters cheek before slowly pulling away. 

Jabe helps her sister in to the bath. After Jabe was done she gently takes her sisters wrists. After cleaning and wrapping the wounds Jabe helps Bellatrix into some clothes before gently brushing her hair until it was dry. "When you with him Bella. Father I mean. You have to keep your voice down. Father is not the man he used to be. He's weak bells. He's..." Jabe sighs and stops. "What?" Bellatrix asks. Jabe sighs "You'll see." Jabe helps Bellatrix out of the bathroom and into the living room. Bellatrix grabs on tightly to her sister before they both apperate away.