Chapter nine- Cygnus Black

*Edited*

When the sisters land Jabe quietly leads Bellatrix up to their fathers room. Bellatrix notes that they were in their childhood home. Being here brought back many memories. Memories of laughter and happiness. Memories of Christmas and summer. Memories of training with their father. There were so many memories here. 

Except now the halls were silent and there was no laughter,  as years ago there had been. Jabe reaches their fathers bedroom and quietly knocks. A faint raspy come in was heard. Jabe leads her sister in and Bellatrix fights back tears upon seeing her beloved father laying in the bed looking frail and tired. 

His once midnight black hair, grey and white. His once handsome face , wrinkled terribly and his once piercing eyes dull and tired. Cygnus lets out a weak smile upon seeing his daughter Jabe. He had not seen Bellatrix just yet. 

Jade motions for Bellatrix to stay before she goes over and sits by her fathers side. "Jade." Cygnus smiles as Jabe gently kisses her father cheek. "Hi father. I've missed you." Cygnus smiles and lets out a laugh that ends up turning into a cough. 

Jabe gently pats her fathers back. "Easy father." She says slowly helping him to sit up. Cygnus releases a groan of pain. "Easy Father. Take it slow." Jabe repeats gently. Cygnus gives a weak smile. "I am alright Jabe." He whispers making jabe sigh. Her father was stubborn. After the death of his wife, Cygnus had refused to move in with Jabe or Narcissa. He wanted to remain independent as he put it. But that had taken a toll on his health. 

"You are not alright father. Oh I wish you would come back with me." Jabe sighs. Cygnus lets out another raspy laugh. "I will be alright Jabe." Jabe sighs and relents. "Very well. I brought you a surprise." Cygnus raises a grey eyebrow. "Oh?" He asks. 

Jabe nods and goes over before bring Bellatrix to their fathers side. Cygnus eyes widen. "Bella..." He whispers as Jabe nods. "I-It is me father." Bellatrix says swallowing back her tears. Cygnus opens his arms and Bellatrix wastes no time in hugging her father tightly. Hearing her fathers grunt Jabe says "Easy Bella. He's weak." Cygnus chuckles and shakes his head. "How my daughter?" Cygnus asks softly. "Jabe." Was all Bellatrix says. 

Cygnus looks over at his other daughter in shock. "I had some inside help father." Jabe offers. Cygnus opens his other arm to Jabe. Jabe hugs her father gently, resting her head on his shoulder. "Does narcissa know?" Cygnus asks. 

Jabe sighs and shakes her head. "No father. Bella has been resting since I brought her home. No one knows but you and-" Sensing her pause Cygnus meets jabes eyes. Without Bellatrix noticing Jabe nods. Cygnus eyes widen once more. "Will you be alright father?" Bellatrix asks pulling away. Cygnus smiles and lets out another cough. 

"In time Bella." He replies. Bellatrix gives a nod and Jabe gently pulls her back. "You need to rest Father. Won't you consider coming back with us?" Jabe asks once more. Cygnus shakes his head again. "I will be just fine Jabe. Go home and take of your sister. She is the one who needs to rest." Cygnus says looking at Bellatrix with worry. Bellatrix had leaned her head on jabes shoulder and closed her eyes. 

"Azkaban took its toll on her, father. It's going to be a long recovery." Jabe sighs. Cygnus nods. "Take her home. Come back later so we can talk." Cygnus says giving Jabe a pointed look. Jabe nods and gently helps Bellatrix to her feet. Jabe knew that her father was going to want to know everything about the dark lord. 

Jabe couldn't tell him with bellatrix here. It would cause too many problems. "Get some rest bells." Cygnus orders his daughter. Bellatrix lets out a small smile and nods tiredly. Jabe turns and leads bellatrix out before apperating the two of them home. Cygnus watched sadly as his daughters left but he knew that bellatrix needed to rest. Speaking of rest Cygnus lays his head back down before letting his tired eyes slide shut. 

Once Jabe had gotten bellatrix back home she completely broke down. Jabe comforted her sister the best she could but she knew bellatrix's pain. The pain of seeing their father like that. It was not easy. "He's dying Jabe. Isn't he?" Bellatrix whispers. 

Jabe sighs with her own tears. "He is Bella. There's nothing we can do. Father won't let us." Jabe whispers with tears. Bellatrix shakes her head and cries into her sisters shoulder. For a while that is how the sisters stay. Crying on the couch. Until finally bellatrix felt like she had no more tears left to cry. Slowly looking up at her sister Bella swallows before shakily wiping her eyes. "Come on." Jabe says before helping bellatrix back to bed. After making sure Bellatrix is asleep Jabe quietly apperates back to malfoy manor. And back to her love.