Chapter thirteen- Argument

*Edited*

As narcissa gently helped her sister walk Jabe found herself thinking about everything that had happened. About how her relationship with her sister might have been shattered. This was all her fault. Jabe knew she should've told Bellatrix the truth twenty-six years ago. 

The moment the bond was formed. But Jabe hadn't. And now she might pay the price. She was already paying a smaller price. Every step Jabe took sent fire through her body. Every step was a small victory in itself. And considering how much pain Jabe was in. Every victory counted. As Narcissa opens the door Bellatrix looks up. 

She had been magically chained to the bed. This was for her own safety. And Jabe's. Narcissa didn't know how Bellatrix was going to react when she saw the condition that Jabe was in. But Narcissa had hoped for the best. Bellatrix's eyes widen upon seeing jabes pale and sweaty face. She had never meant to hurt Jabe. 

She had just been so angry. And Jabe had lied to her for so long. It broke her heart. So Bellatrix had just snapped. "Bellatrix she doesn't have long. Then she has to rest." Narcissa says helping Jabe sit on the edge of the bed before standing outside in the hallway. Jabe winces in pain and once again Bellatrix felt conflicted. 

"Bella..." Jabe whisper slowly meeting her sister eyes. "Bella I never meant to hurt you." Bellatrix turns her face away from her sister. "Would you have broken the bond. If I asked you to?" Bellatrix whispers. Jabe feels her heart stop. This had become a regular thing for Jabe. To feel her heart stop or break. "I-" 

Jabe didn't know how to answer that. She loved her sister so much. But she loved Voldemort so much more. He was her everything. And after she had just gotten him back after thirteen years without him. She would never leave him again. 

And breaking the bond. She could never hurt him like that. She could never break his heart in such a cruel terrible way. She loved him to much to even think about hurting him like that. "No. I could never hurt him like that. I was trying to protect you Bella. I knew how much this would hurt you. So I just didn't tell you. I'm sorry." Jabe whispers. 

Bellatrix doesn't respond. "Bella please. You have to understand I was trying to protect you." Jabe repeats. "Well you failed. He's all I have ever wanted jabe. And you took him from me!" Bellatrix finally screams. "No. Bella please I-" Tears started streaming down jabes face. "He was supposed to be mine. It all makes sense now." Bellatrix shout lunging at Jabe. 

But the magical bonds held her back. "You betrayed me Jabe! More then you could ever imagine. I thought you loved me Jabe!" Jabe sobs covering her mouth. "I do Bells please! I never wanted this to happen. I love him Bella. More then I could ever possibly understand." Jabes heartbroken tone fills the room and outside in the hallway Narcissa winces at the sisterly fight. "He was supposed to be mine!!!" Bellatrix screams in anger. 

Jabe sobs collapsing against the footboard. "You betrayed me Jabe. And as far as I'm concerned I only have one sister left." Those words take Jabes breath away "No!" Jabe screams. "He's not your soul mate Bella! There's someone out there who is going to love you more then you can possibly imagine. I'll go to the ends of the earth both muggle and wizard to find him for you If I have to. Please Bella. I lost you once. I can't handle losing you again!" Jabe screams in agony. 

Jabe didn't want to lose Bellatrix again. Ever again. Bellatrix feels her heart break at the sight of her sisters tears and slowly she realizes what Jabe had just said. If the dark lord wasn't her soul mate. Then who was. If he was still out there then maybe. 

Just maybe. Bellatrix had a chance at the love that Jabe so clearly shared with her master. That was something she had always wanted. That was why she had clung to their master as tightly as she did. She wanted the love of a soulmate. But Voldemort wasn't hers. And there was no power on earth that could change that. 

"There's someone out there for me?" Bellatrix finally asks. Jabe nods desperately. "Yes Bella. Yes. I'll help you find him." She cries. Bellatrix sighs turning her head away. This makes Jabe think that it was over and she had lost bellatrix all over again. Jabe covers her mouth to stifle her sobs before slowly turning away. 

"I'm sorry bells. I never meant to hurt you." Jabe whisper before slowly struggling to stand. "Jabe. No. You'll hurt yourself." Jabe freezes and looks over at Bellatrix. Bellatrix sighs, her anger forgotten, and opens her arms. Jabe doesn't hesitate, lunging into her sisters arms. Jabe didn't care about the pain that flooded her as she hugged her sister tightly. 

The only thing that mattered right now was her. "I'm so sorry bells." Jabe whispers. Bellatrix sighs and gently rests her chin on jabes head. "I know. If there's really someone out there for me. Then-" Seeing Bellatrix sigh Jabe reaches up and wipes a few of her tears away. "He won't care bells. Whoever he is. He'll love you more then you can possibly imagine." This makes Bellatrix smile. 

"I'm sorry Jabe. For everything. I never wanted to-" "I know bells. It wasn't your fault." Jabe says resting her head on Bellatrix shoulder. Bellatrix sighs and shakes her head. "No. I let my anger get the best of me. And you paid the price." She whispers. 

Bellatrix would never completely get over Voldemort. A piece of her heart would always belong to him. But if what Jabe said was true. And her true soul mate was out there. Then it didn't matter that Jabe had lied to her. 

Now that Bellatrix was calmer she could see that Jabe had been truely trying to protect her. And Bellatrix had nearly killed her for it. Bellatrix gently moves some of jabes hair out of her face and sighs. "Are you ok. I nearly killed you. I'm so sorry Jabe." Bellatrix says letting a few tears slip. 

Jabe shakes her head and hugs Bellatrix tighter. "I'll be alright bells. I promise." Bellatrix sighs and then asks the question she had been dreading. "Is he ok?" Jabe swallows hard and slowly shakes her head. "Jabe. What happened?" Bellatrix asks gently. 

"He's blind Bella. He'll never see again with that body." Horror fills Bellatrix's face. This was all her fault. "Jabe I'm sorry. This is all my fault." Bellatrix sighs. The guilt she felt was terrible. Her master was blind because of her. 

 Her sister nearly died because of her. This was all her fault. Bellatrix holds her sister and her heart breaks as Jabe cries softly into her chest. "He'll be ok Jabe. We'll help him get his true body back. He'll be alright when he does." Bellatrix says trying to comfort Jabe. 

But it didn't help. Jabe cries and cried into her sisters chest as the reality of everything crashed down upon her. Her soul mate was blind. And it would be years before he would ever see her face again. Jabe knew this wasn't Bellatrix's fault. 

But that didn't slow her tears. Finally after what seemed like hours Jabe had cried herself to sleep in her sisters arms. Gently stroking jabes hair Bellatrix looks up as Narcissa slowly walks in. Her eyes soften upon seeing Bellatrix's tears. 

"Cissy. What have I done?" Bellatrix whispers. Narcissa sighs and comes over sitting other the other side of Bellatrix before resting her head on her sisters shoulder as well. "It wasn't your fault bells. We both know how much you care about him. It's ok." Narcissa says hugging her sister tighter. Bellatrix sighs and nods her head before fearfully asking "is he upset?" 

Narcissa sighs and shakes her head. "No. Jabe managed to make him promise not to hurt you. She begged him not to." Bellatrix lets out a shakily sigh and grips Jabe tighter. "Get some rest bells. I'll stay." Bellatrix sighs before slowly nodding and closing her eyes. Falling into a nightmare filled sleep.