Huit

Louis was up bright and early the next day. It took him less then 5 minutes to brush his teeth and slip on his favourite suit. He took a picture of two ties held against himself then sent them to Harry for his opinion. God, he was so undeniably gay. Harry answered quickly, choosing the black tie scattered with skulls, noting that it was definitely Alexander McQueen, but, he didn't exactly like it, it was just the better of the two.

"I've got a plain black one, but it's torn at the bottom"

"Any other black ones?"

"Nope"

"Don't worry, I'll bring one of mine with me, trust me on this"

And Louis did trust him, he didn't even bring a backup tie.

-

Harry grabbed his long, thin, black, silk tie from the draw and hung it over his forearm, careful not to get any wrinkles in the silky satin. He shoved his wallet in one back pocket and his phone in the other, then left his apartment, deciding to go early and meet Louis in the lobby.

To his surprise, when the doors opened his boyfriend was standing inside and the two shot large smiled at each other. Harry stepped in and forced Louis up against the wall, causing the older man to drop his briefcase and wrap his arms around his boyfriends neck. "Missed you," Harry mumbled against soft lips, "You taste good." Louis pulled back and laughed, "If you like the taste of toothpaste" Harry nodded, "Who doesn't?" And Louis couldn't answer that.

"Anyway, what do you think of this?" Harry held up the tie against Louis, pushing his large winter coat aside for him to see in the mirrored elevator walls. "Perfect" Louis was shocked, Harry's tie was the perfect length, perfect width, perfect colour, it was perfect for this suit. "How'd you do that?" Louis asked in disbelief, "I've always had a thing for fashion. I just know" He shrugged, tying it for Louis and letting the older man admire the texture from the front, "Is this real silk?" "Of course" Louis eyes widened, "How much was this?!" Louis suddenly panicked, what if he spilt his breakfast or lunch on this tie? "Does it matter?" Louis nodded. "$255" Harry laughed at his boyfriends facial expression, "If I ruin this-" "It's fine because I'm giving it to you. It goes better with that suit than with anything I own." "I can't take this" Harry shut him up with a kiss, "you can and you will" The doors suddenly opened and they realised they were on the ground floor already. "What brand is it? Gucci?" Harry laughed at his boyfriends accusation, "Babe, please. It's Yves Saint Laurent" Harry said, nearly offended that Louis didn't know that.
Gucci is nice. But YSL definitely is much nicer.

The boyfriends held hands while walking down the street that was exactly the way you'd imagine a busy street in Paris to look while the sun was still rising early in the morning. Both wore Yves Saint Laurent and felt like true Parisians. Harry just looked like he was cut out of one of those culture magazines they sell at the news agency, this months edition on France, and pasted into the busy street. He fit the roll perfectly. "My bedding still smelt like you last night and it helped me sleep." Louis admitted, squeezing the hand of the younger man beside him. Harry smiled, "Aw, Louieh" He reached their still intertwined hands up and kissed the cool skin on his boyfriends hand. They got to the cafe and still didn't let go of each others hand, instead they stood inline still holding onto each other, only breaking apart to fight over who was paying the bill, Louis won, and stuck his tongue out in Harry's direction earning himself an eye roll. "You paid for dinner last night!" Harry protested, "So?" Louis shrugged, not at all bothered by grabbing the bill. "We need to start eating at my apartment some mornings," Harry suggested, grabbing their table number and heading off for a table by the window, "Yeah, sounds nice. I only started this because I didn't have time to make myself breakfast then do the cleaning afterwards. But, with two of us, we could manage." "I'll just clean up after you leave, you start earlier then I do." Harry shrugged, "We could also sneak a quickie in some mornings." Harry winked and Louis smirked, growing slightly hard under the table, "Maybe lay low on the whipped cream, I don't have time to clean that up too." And that had Louis letting out a low growl, "Stop fucking teasing, Harry. Not before coffee." His tone was playful, but Harry stopped, he was beginning to get himself worked up too and he didn't want to deal with that for the rest of the day.

Soon, the coffee arrived and the two made small talk about nothing important over sips of the piping hot beverage that was oh so perfect for the cold kind of day it was. "Baby, I've got court at 4, it's expected to go for quite a few hours" Lou frowned. He really, really, really didn't expect to meet a man who'd have him this gone, especially not in such a short period of time. So gone that work wasn't even that important to him anymore, of course he knew he had to work to survive, but all he wanted to do was spend time with the man with floral scented curly fucking hair. Why was that too much to ask? "I'll head to the grocery store after work, grab a few things for breakfast and something small for dinner, I'll cook for you but it's fine if you're working too late and don't come over, I'll just pack it for lunch tomorrow." Harry shrugged, "I do want to see you though. But I completely understand." The pair held hands across the table, Louis rubbing his thumb over Harry's knuckles, "There's nothing I want more than to spend every second of everyday with you." They were cut off by Flo bringing their breakfast over and complementing them on how 'purely adorable' they are. Harry had avocado toast, Louis had the poached eggs and everything just felt right. In fact, the noise of everyone else in the cafe was non existent, they were in a little bubble and they were happy.

-

Harry walked Louis to his office, kissing him goodbye and wishing him luck with his new client and with court this afternoon. He even stood to watch the pretty man walk up the stairs until he was out of sight.

With 45 minutes to spare he used this time to head home and grab his bicycle, knowing he'll need it to help him bring his groceries home later. He still ended up arriving to work early and made himself and Collette a hot cup of tea before the shop officially opened at 8am on the dot. "How was your weekend, Collette?" Harry asked, handing the cup of tea to the elderly woman, "Lovely, my older sister and her husband spent the weekend at my house, they live about 5 hours North so we don't get to see much of each other." She confessed, "How was yours, darling? Spend time with that lovely boy who came around last week?" Harry blushed, "Yeah, spent nearly the whole weekend together. He asked me to be his boyfriend." Harry smiled as Collette squealed and pressured him for an answer, "Of course I said yes" She gave him a one armed hug, careful not to scold Harry in tea and congratulated him. "A very handsome young man he is" And Harry couldn't help but agree.

-

Soon, they had flowers arranged beautifully around the store and were waiting for a fresh truckload of flowers to arrive. Colette did grow a lot herself, out the back, but some just don't grow in Paris, she said it has something to do with all the pollution in the air. Harry wasn't one to question that because as much as he did love flowers, he didn't know much about how and where they were grown.

It wasn't long before customers piled in, grabbing bunches for birthdays, anniversaries, apologies, condolences, surprises and even one lady who brought a bunch to gift her grandmother she was visiting for the first time in 6 years.

Meanwhile, Louis had just scored a new client and was going through all the details, making sure he had enough time management to juggle the two clients he was now managing at the same time. With a bit of luck, a case should come to a close tonight. Louis made his way over to his lounge and coffee table, paging his assistant for a tea and taking notes and going over dot point in which he needed to mention to the judge to try and win this case for his client. It shouldn't be too hard, but it wasn't easy either.

It was hard to focus when Harry just wouldn't leave Louis' mind. He found himself stopping to just think and smile about Harry on more times then he was willing to admit to anyone. He knew he had to stop this, and as Troy Bolton once said, 'keep your head in the game', but it was unbelievably hard when your boyfriend is as drop dead gorgeous as Harry Styles is. Louis priorities were shifting and he could almost hear his dad scolding him from the grave