Quinze

When Louis arrived home from work on Monday night, he let himself into Harry's apartment to find him reading a book on his lounge with candles lit all around the place. "Hey babe, how was work?" Harry asked, getting up to greet his man with a kiss. "I spent most the day on the phone and planning a trip for Thursday night. I have a new client in La Rochelle, he worked with my dad when he lived in Paris and wanted to work with me now dad's not around. He owns a hotel right on the beach and gave me free accomodation for Thursday right up to Monday, i said I'll have to leave Sunday because I knew you had work and was hoping you'd come with me?" They had made their way to cuddle on the sofa, "I'd love to come!" Harry said, excitedly. It would be their first holiday together and that was a big deal.

"M' starvin. Shall we order in?" Louis suggested, realising his last meal wasn't even a meal, he just had a coffee for lunch. "Got fairy nuggets in the oven." Harry smiled, "But, if you want to order in you can, I'm fine though." "No way, if you've made nuggets for me then I'm eating nuggets. Thank you, baby. You really don't have to cook for me all the time." Harry just smiled, he knew he didn't have to. He wanted to.

"So, La Rochelle, ever been?" Harry asked, "I obviously haven't." He was now plating up dinner. "Yeah, maybe twice during the summer with dad. We stayed at the hotel we'll be staying in." Louis said, grabbing the ketchup from the fridge and setting it on the table, "You'll love it, babe. I might even take you back during the summer." Louis noticed the fresh bunch of flowers Harry must've brought home from work, they looked clean and beautiful. "Yeah? Would be nice to go for a swim."

-

In bed that night they cuddled while watching a movie on Harry's laptop. The weather was still terrible and Harry insisted they slept with candles burning even though Louis saw it as a serious fire hazard.

"But, if the power goes out imma lose it." Harry protested, definitely set on letting the candles burn out over the course of the night. "You know I'll be here, right next to you if it happens." Louis rubbed Harry's shoulder, trying to make him feel comfortable enough to maybe blow out the fire. "If this apartment catches fire it will be a good minute before the sprinklers come on and if they do come on they'll make us cold then we'll have to stand outside in the rain while the firemen scope out the place to make sure it's safe to enter and by that time we'll get sick and our holiday will be ruined." Harry rolled his eyes. "Dramatic." He mumbled. He wasn't changing his mind. "For fuck sake." Louis groaned, getting up out of bed and walking to the kitchen. Harry heard cupboard doors opening and tins hitting against each other before Louis' footsteps were heard heading back down the hall.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Harry asked, amusement in his voice when he saw Louis holding a backing tray. "Do you plan on knocking me out with that?" He laughed. "That would've been a better idea." Louis mumbled, placing the tray down on Harry's little table at the end of the bed. Louis carefully picked up the large 3 wick candle and placed it on the tray. It was already in a baby pink glass cup so when he began pouring his water bottle into the tray Harry wasn't concerned about his $25 cup of wax. "Now you can keep just this candle burning." Louis smiled, going around and blowing out all the others. "This won't burn the place down. It's surrounded by water." And he was in fact very proud of himself. Now, both lads were happy and were able to sleep peacefully knowing that if the power did go out they wouldn't be in complete darkness and that they didn't have to worry about being cremated early either.

The power did in fact go out. Louis woke up absolutely freezing at 4, noticing the heat must've been out for at least half an hour. "Babe," He nudged his lover. "Mm?" Harry asked, "Lay back down. Cold." He whined, looking up to Louis who had sat up. "The heats out. Where do you keep the spare blankets?" "I'll go grab them." Harry yawned, getting out of bed, feeling as if the heat had never been on. It was so damn cold. He took off for the laundry, using the light on his phone to guide him through the hall. He retrieved 4 extra thick blankets then hurried back. Wasting no time in spreading them out over the bed then hopping back in, snuggling up to Louis for body heat. "I told you the power would go out." He mumbled into Lou's neck.

The power was still out when the alarm woke both men up at 5:30am. Upon turning the alarm off Louis noticed he had an emergency text message. "Baby, check your phone. Do you have this text?" Harry did in fact have the same message. Basically everyone was advised to stay at home all day, work was called off, as was schools. The only place opened was the urgent care and hospitals. It was only advised to go there if it was absolutely needed. All shops were shut and some roads had even been blocked off. They had no idea exactly how bad everything was outside so they decided to wrap themselves in blankets and head out to look out the glass doors that lead to the balcony.

Pure shock covered the face of both of them. The tower was no longer visible to them, they couldn't even see down the street. The wind was horrendous. Harry's pot plants had blown over, causing the soil to spill everywhere. His outdoor lounge was upturned, he was lucky it couldn't go anywhere because of his rail, the way it was just wouldn't allow the lounge to flip over it. "Fuck, if your balcony's so bad imagine the roof!" Louis' froze for a moment, "I need to go check." He ran for the door, leaving Harry to run after him, grabbing his keys upon leaving the apartment. Louis pressed the elevator button only to be reminded of the power outage so they both ran for the stair well.

Harry and Louis had to drag  the extra large outdoor lounges into the penthouse, it took them 45 minutes to get all four of them stacked into the laundry. They were heavy and awkward to move. It was needed though, they had blown all over the place and Louis wasn't risking one smash through the glass railing.

The projector screen that was up against the wall had been torn- ruined. The projector was luckily locked away in the box that had been bolted to the ground. The hot tub had lost its cover, blown to who knows where, and was now over flowing and full of sticks and leaves. Everything was a proper mess but the two were certainly going to catch colds and needed to get into a warm shower desperately.

"Thank you so much for helping me, darling. You didn't have to do that. You're going to get so ill." They stood cuddling each other in the hot shower. Louis was more thankful than ever to have such a large shower and gas water heating. He remembered being a kid and having his mother boil pot after pot of water in the fire to bathe him and his sisters when the power went out. "No problem, sweet cheeks." Harry smiled, kissing Lou's cheeks. "I love you." "I love you more."

They didn't time their shower but upon estimation it would've at least been an hour. With the amount of rainfall they weren't going to have a drought anytime soon. It was only 8 and they had the whole day to spend together. Not much to do with no electricity but they had each other and that was all that mattered. They decided on heading back to Harry's place. Despite it being morning, it was so dark outside that they needed the candlelight.

Harry ended up reading out loud for the next few hours, he still had his thick book of children's stories from his childhood so he and Louis enjoyed those. The power did eventually come back on in the afternoon which they were thankful for. Blankets just weren't enough, they needed heat.

So the two had their first meal of the day at 5pm that afternoon then spent the rest of the night in bed, having a lot of sex and enjoying each other a little too much.