Dix-neuf

On December 24th, Louis' birthday or Christmas Eve to most, Harry woke up super early to make the birthday boy breakfast in bed.

Pancakes topped with whipped cream, strawberries and a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips. He placed a candle in the top and took one of Louis' lighters to light it.

He walked into the bedroom and sang 'Happy Birthday' loud and proud in order to wake the sleeping man up. He woke with a laugh, "Hazza, what's all this?" He giggled, sitting up and rubbing his tired eyes. "Birthday breakfast!" He exclaimed, "The coffee unfortunately isn't birthday coffee, it's just regular coffee I made with your keurig." Louis laughed, "It's perfect. Thank you so much."

After breakfast, Harry did all the washing up while Louis laid on the couch watching The Grinch. Harry finished the chores then grabbed the gift he brought for his boyfriend. He walked over and sat next to Lou, handing the neatly wrapped gifts over to the man who had just aged another year. "Baby," He cooed, taking the gifts with a smile, "I told you not to get me anything." "And I told you I was buying you something because I love you."

L was super happy about about his tie, he brought up the tie story that H had thought of while purchasing the present. "This wasn't cheap, Harry. You didn't have to spend your money on me." Lou said, seriously. "I didn't have to, I wanted to." Then they kissed before the other gift was being unwrapped. Tears actually formed in the elder's eyes, rolling down his cheeks causing the younger to reach over and wipe them away. "I hope they're happy tears?" Louis nodded, "They are!" He choked out, "I'm not crying over cuff links," He laughed, "I'm crying at the fact you engraved them with our initials. I love them. Thank you so much." And Harry felt like he had done a good job at gift buying.

The rest of the morning was spent watching Christmas films. "What's your favourite Christmas movie?" Louis asked, looking up at Harry from where his head was resting in his lap. "Um, I literally love them all. But, I dunno, probably Love Actually." He admitted, "Yours?" Louis thought about it, smiling when it came to him, "Christmas Vacation or Christmas with the Kranks."

-

By the time the moon was rising in the night sky, the two had watched all of their favourite Christmas films, loving all 3 equally and making it their tradition to watch these every Christmas Eve/Lou's Birthday.

Louis had decided he wanted to go ice skating. Harry was 100% on board, he couldn't deny his boyfriend's birthday wish. But, Harry basically had two left feet. He could barely walk on solid ground, how was he supposed to skate on ice?

The night consisted of a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower, millions of Christmas Lights filling the streets with shades of red, blues and greens reflecting off the wet snow. Louis laughing hysterically at Harry trying to skate, but falling on his ass nearly every time. He shouted encouraging words to his boyfriend but that didn't seem to help the literal Banbi on ice. They ate hotdogs from a nearby stand and drank cups of hot chocolate that had a little too much water and not enough cocoa.

But it was perfect.

So perfect that it was Lou's favourite birthday so far and he told Harry that with a kiss and thanked him for an amazing day.

The night wasn't over though, not yet. As they were walking along the streets, admiring the lights, a group of charity workers from the local church approached the men. "Hello, I'm Mary and we're singing carols by the tower trying to raise money for the all day free buffet the church hosts for the homeless and less fortunate every Christmas. Would you two gentlemen like to join us?" She asked with hopeful eyes. There was only her and five five others in the group. Harry beamed, but he didn't answer. He wanted to see what Louis wanted to do for the remainder of his date of birth. "We'd love to!" He answered, smiling over to his boyfriend. Harry clapped his hands in excitement. "Let's go ladies!" He cheered, earning laughs from the elderly women.

They took booklets of lyrics and positioned themselves by the tower and on the count of 3 all began singing. Mary had placed a sign in the snow, saying what they were doing and she also placed a container down waiting for any donations.

"Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o'er the plain
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains
Gloria, in excelsis Deo!

Shepherds, why this jubilee?
Why your joyous strains prolong?
What the gladsome tidings be?
Which inspire your heavenly songs?
Gloria

Come to Bethlehem and see
Him whose birth the angels sing;
Come, adore on bended knee,
Christ the Lord, the newborn King.
Gloria

See Him in a manger laid,
Jesus, Lord of heaven and earth;
Mary, Joseph, lend your aid,
With us sing our Saviour's birth.
Gloria"

By the first song they already had donations and it was truely beautiful to see the tourists and citizens of France come together during Christmas in the spirit of giving.

Christmas carols stopped at 11pm, the church goers had a midnight mass at Notre-Dame which they invited both boys to but they declined. Harry really did want to go, but he knew Lou didn't and he wasn't going to push religion onto him. Besides, tomorrow was Christmas Day and Harry was surprising Lou with tickets home and their flight was later that night.

On the way back home they stopped by some beautifully lit houses and took selfies together. They smiled, pulled faces and even kissed while Harry's arm was out stretched; snapping picture after picture of them.

He was certainly going to get some of these framed for both his apartment and Louis'. They walked and admired their recent photos, deleting the ones that they didn't exactly like of themselves and smiling at the good ones.

They stayed the night in Harry's apartment tonight. Harry had a Christmas tree and his apartment put a Christmas store to shame. The countdown chart sitting on the bench read 'IT'S TOMORROW' and that made Lou giggle, Harry genuinely loved this holiday season.

Upon arrival Harry flicked on all of his Christmas light, making the entire house colourful and beautiful. Even the bathroom held strings of bulbs all over the place. Lou's favourite were the ones they both hung up a few weeks back, they strung perfectly over he bath and taking a bath while looking up at those lights twinkling above you like hundreds of tiny stars was truely magical.

"Let's end the night with a bath?" Harry suggested like he was reading the birthday boy's mind. "Was just thinking that." Lou admitted with a smile. So one of them started filling the tub while the other fetched some fluffy towels from the closet.

Lou got to choose the bath bomb as it was his birthday but Harry didn't mind. He loved each and every bath bomb he owned.

Harry sat with his back to the tub and Louis sat with his back against Harry's chest. It was nice being the 'little spoon' sometimes. He definitely did prefer it the other way around, but once in a while it was quite lovely to be held close and getting small kisses on top of the head every now and again.

The two stayed in the same exact position until the water got too cold. They dried off then headed to their room completely naked. It was minutes off 2am and after such a refreshing bath neither of them thought of sex that night. But Harry did rub moisturiser over Louis' back and put him to sleep in complete peace and relaxation.