Douze

A week later was when they had their first ever fight. Well, argument anyway. They were 20 days in and it happened. All over something so ridiculous and petty. They fought over a roast chicken. Yup. A fucking chicken.

Harry's mum was flying in and would arrive at Harry's at around 6:30pm, Harry wanted to cook for her and make a lovely hot dinner to make her feel at home. He seasoned the chicken while Louis sliced the potatoes then they both sliced pumpkin, scattering that around the tray also. When everything was in cooking and the kitchen had been cleaned Harry pulled Louis over to the couch to cuddle, he knew his man was nervous and with only 2 and a half hours until his mum was going to arrive the nerves grew by the second. Harry tried really, really hard to comfort him.

It was time to turn the veg and this is where it happened. "How are you going to turn the chicken with that small spatula?" Louis asked, watching Harry flip a single potato slice at a time. "What? You don't flip a roast chicken." He laughed. "Of course you do." Louis said, reaching into Harry's utensil draw and grabbing a set of tongs. "You think that's going to flip a chicken?" And Harry didn't mean for it to come out sarcastically but it did. "Yes, I was going to shove them up the chickens ass and turn." "You don't flip a roast fucking chicken." Harry sighed, placing the spatula into the sink. "How the fuck does the other side cook?" Louis questioned, throwing the tongs back into the draw and slamming it closed. "You didn't even put them in the right spot." Harry mumbled, not really caring but having to point that out. Louis fixed his mistake only to slam the draw shut again and get a glare off Harry. "If you eat raw chicken you'll get salmonella." Louis stated, crossing his arms. "Have you ever cooked a chicken before?!" Harry asked, placing his hands on his hips. "No" This made Harry laugh. "So you haven't got a clue what you're doing. Let me just do what I know how to do." And that pissed Louis off. "You know, you don't have to be like that. Cooking isn't something I'm good at. I lived with my dad most my teenage years and I wasn't taught how to cook." "Yeah, well if you have no idea what to do then don't try to help." "I'm sorry, I thought I was doing the right thing by helping you. There was no need for you to be a fucking asshole about a fucking roast chicken." And the look on Harry's face changed, "Don't fucking call me an asshole. You're being a dick." "Then don't fucking act like one." Louis stormed off into the lounge room and grabbed his coat. "Where are you going?" Harry asked with a pained expression in his voice. "I don't fucking know." Louis said, leaving the apartment, making sure to slam the door on the way out too.

He got up to his apartment just in time for the tears to fall. He cried for a total of 5 minutes then he collected himself and headed back to the elevator. He was soon walking down the street, looking up to Harry's balcony but the boy was still inside.

Louis walked to Collette's, he grabbed a lovely pink assorted bunch for Harry and a smaller yellow bunch for his mum. "Are these for Harry?" Collette asked, at the register, "The pink ones are, so you think he'll like them?" Louis asked, "He'll love them, dear. He made a similar bunch on Wednesday. Sold in ten minutes." Louis smiled, he was proud of Harry, he was really good at his job. "Thanks, love." Louis smiled as she gave him the bunches of flowers. "You look after that boy. He's very delicate." She smiled back and that had his heart physically hurting, "I will." He felt horrendous.

Louis tried walking straight into Harry's apartment but the door was locked. He knew Harry had locked it just so he couldn't get back in because the younger man never locked his damn fucking door. He knocked three times and stood there for a few seconds before Harry unlocked the door. He didn't open it but Louis took that as an invitation to come in. He probably saw the flowers through the peep hole. Upon walking in he admired how his apartment smelled of a lovely dinner and he immediately felt the guilt was over himself all over again.

Harry was stood in the kitchen with his arms folded and a cold expression plastered across his gorgeous face. Louis still thought Harry was the most beautiful person to ever have walked the earth, even with the scolding look he was receiving. "Look, I uh, I'm sorry, okay. I know you're better at cooking than I am and I know that you know what you're doing and I'm just sorry for calling you an asshole- you're not an asshole - and I'm sorry I tried telling you how to do something that you already know how to do. I went and grabbed you some flowers, got your mum a bunch too. I love you and I honestly felt so awful over that tiny little argument, I cried for fuck sake. I just love you so fucking much and I don't ever want to be fighting with you." Louis didn't look at Harry while apologising, he opted for the floor instead so when he heard Harry whimper it caught him completely off guard. "Hey, no," He said, sadness filling his body. He walked over and placed the flowers on the bench before pulling Harry into his arms, "Please, please, please don't cry, baby." Louis could feel his eyes filling up now. "Louis, I'm so sorry. This all happened because of me, I was snappy and was being a complete asshole. You didn't have to buy me flowers, I love you and I'm so sorry." Harry kissed Louis with so much passion, he loved his man and really was sorry. They both were. "Alright, that's enough." Louis laughed, "Want me to do anything? Just tell me what to do so I don't fuck up again." Harry smiled, "You're perfect. I'm just a massive perfectionist when it comes to my mum, she always made us have our rooms tidy and dishes sparkling, she has high standards. Lovely woman, loves everyone, just real classy." Harry laughed and his boyfriend understood, his mum was similar. "How about I put the vacuum through the place than?" Louis headed towards the little cleaning cupboard in the laundry room and grabbed the vacuum off the charger, "Thanks, baby. I'm going to tidy the bathroom then it should be time to plate the food."

Everything was clean, candles were lit to make the apartment smell lovely the sun was setting and the fairy lights twinkled. Harry and Louis were currently caught up in a make out session. Harry pressed up against the wall with Louis running his hands up and over his torso, Harry squeezing Louis' bum as their tongues did the tango, moulding together perfectly. It was a knock at the door that pulled them away as they realised the time. "Fuck, I haven't plated the food!" Harry sighed, running over to answer the door while Louis headed into the kitchen to take the food out of the oven, sitting it on the bench not daring to do anything else with it.

"Louis, this is my beautiful mother, Anne" Louis smiled and walked over, "And mum, this is my gorgeous boyfriend, Louis."