Vingt

Of course Harry blared Christmas Carols at 6:30 in the morning. And of course he insisted on screaming along.

Louis really didn't have a chance at sleeping in. But, he didn't mind. Not at all. He just laughed, got out of bed and helped himself to Harry's clothes then headed out to the lounge room to find his over excited man in a very ugly Christmas sweater sipping tea and watching a Christmas cartoon on mute so he was able to sing along to whatever the song was called in Mean Girls, you know? The skank dance? That song filled his ears along with the beautiful voice of Harry Styles.

Louis would quite like to wake up to this every damn year. Yeah. That would be lovely, he thought.

"Good morning!" Harry called when he noticed his lover standing by the door frame. He got up off the couch and poured Louis a coffee, making sure to add sweetener- the way Louis liked it. He handed the cup over, giving the tired boy a kiss. "Merry Christmas." He beamed, "Merry Christmas, Haz."

"Imma run up stairs real quick and grab your gift, okay, love?" Lou said, placing his mug in the sink. "Okay, boo. Hurry back, I'll miss you." Louis just rolled his eyes with a smirk. He loved that dork.

Harry took this opportunity to grab the plane tickets and place them on the coffee table. They were concealed in a cute Christmas card waiting to be opened by the unsuspecting man upstairs.

Louis returned with his hands full of gifts. A massive bag and a few lone wrapped gifts. "These are for you, love." Lou smiled, handing the large gift to Harry first, placing the others on the coffee table. "This is for you." Harry smiled, handing over the card. He watched Louis open it, wanting to see his reaction.

"Oh my god." He cried, holding up the plane tickets. "We're going home." He jumped into Harry's arms, kissing him with all the passion in the world. "Thank you, baby." He sniffled, "I miss my family so much." Harry nodded in agreement, "I've rang my mum and told her we'll be around but I haven't spoken to your family. Maybe you could give them a call? Mum doesn't mind if we see my family first or yours. Mums still got my childhood room set up." H laughed, giving L a kiss on his forehead. "Yeah, yeah. I'll call mum." And that's what he did, going out to the balcony to have a cigarette and speak to his mother while Harry sat and opened his gifts.

Louis went all out, buying Harry a lush basket, sex toys and even socks because the socks had Harry's favourite animal on them- cats. He loved everything.

"Mum's so excited to meet you!" Louis beamed, closing the balcony door as he stepped inside. "I'm excited to meet her!" And he really was. He needed to thank the woman who gave birth to this gorgeous man. "I said we'll head there first, is that okay?" Harry nodded, they'd seen his mum just weeks earlier. "Mums preparing a massive dinner for us tonight. I told her we'll be in around 7:45".

-

The smile couldn't be wiped off the face of Lou. He was beaming. He was heading upstairs to pack his suitcase while Harry packed his. The cab was coming at 3:30; they had just over an hour to pack for two weeks.

Harry was excited, happy his gift went down well and glad to see the positive reaction that came with it. But, he was nervous. He was doing the whole 'meet the parents' thing for the first time in years and he just hopes Lou's family is more welcoming than his ex boyfriend's were. He didn't know what to pack, would his family think he was strange for basically living in cute sweaters and yoga/track pants? Would they care if his perfume was technically from the women's section? Is his mother welcoming? He knew there was a lot of siblings to meet, too. It was all a bit too much.

Harry sat in complete silence, cross legged at the end of his bed picking at the threads on his fluffy blanket. He didn't even hear his front door open or Louis walking towards his bedroom. He just sat and stared out the window. He was startled when the elder man cleared his throat. "Oh, didn't hear you come in." H mumbled, looking away a little embarrassed. "Is everything okay, Harry?" L asked, tip toeing over to take a seat next to his boyfriend, noticing the tears that filled beautiful green eyes.

"Oh, baby," He didn't even think twice before pulling Harry into his lap, running fingers through his hair and trying ever so hard to sooth him. "M'sorry" fell from the lips of the crying boy. "Shh, don't apologise, love. What's the matter?" Lou's voice was so gentle and full of love. "I'm, fuck, I'm scared. I don't know what to pack. I don't want your family to think I'm weird, ya know? I am weird, but I want them to like me. I'm not your average guy and I don't want to disappoint them. I can either pack my ridiculously expensive clothes or my clothes from the girl's section. They're gonna think I'm snobby or transgender. I like being a boy. I just like girl's clothes." And all that was a lot for the elder to process, so he didn't speak for a moment. Just thought about it all.

"Look," Louis began, breaking the silence. "Honestly, my family will adore the actual shit that comes out of you. Serious. Mum will think you're gorgeous and when she finds out how happy you make me she'll love you. She'll probably tell you she loves you multiple times within the next week. She's full of love and loves to spread it. My step dad will probably shake your hand and make small talk for the next week and my sisters will probably try to kidnap you." He laughed, smile spreading across his pretty face. "I didn't think they were bad people or anything." Harry mumbled, clarifying the statement. "Of course not. I knew that." "I just care about their opinions." "Darling, if for some reason they dislike you, which I can assure you they won't! I'll gladly pack my stuff and head to your mum's early. Pack a bit of both, you know, so you have options." Louis said, smiling down at Harry who was still cradled in his lap then kissed his forehead. "I love you, Harry. I love you very, very much."

-

That evening, during the flight, Harry bounced his leg up and down nervously. "Relax." Louis whispered, over and over again, trying to calm down his panicky boyfriend. But nothing helped. His leg still bounced and his mind still raced.

Charlotte was waiting in her Mini Cooper to pick the two lads up. She got out of her tiny car and ran to hug Harry, completely ignoring her brother. "Gee, great to see you too, Lottie." Lou laughed, shoving both his and Haz's bags in the boot of the car. "I'm Lottie, I'm so happy to meet you! Louis hasn't ever introduced anyone to the family before. We knew about the ex girl, what's her name? Ellen? But we didn't meet her. This is so exciting. Oh my god. You're actually gorgeous. You did good, Lewis." She laughed, earning a scold from her big brother. "She used to call me Lewis, well still does I guess." Louis said, sliding into the back seat with Harry, "And I used to call her Harlot." Harry was shocked, "You called her that?" He asked, wide eyed. "I did, and will if she continues to call me Lewis." He smirked. "We're a strange bunch, Harry." Charlotte laughed. And that made him a little more comfortable actually.

A/N:
I'm aware that Johannah has now passed away. But she will always be Louis' mother and because of that I'm including her in this story.

Rest In Peace, Jay.
Missed dearly.
Gone but never forgotten. ❤️