Chapter 4

*Suga's POV*
I wake up sometime around mid-afternoon. Not feeling that hungry, I just grab a cupcake in the fridge, something Daichi had bought for me yesterday. Slapping myself on both cheeks to prevent some stupid thoughts from entering my mind, I roll my sleeves and start to make some cookies for little Rei.

As evening I approaches, I look up from the tin of cookies I now hold in my hands, smiling in satisfaction at the different shapes. Rei will surely like it! I keep some for myself in a separate container. Grabbing the necessities and the tin of cookies, I head downstairs. I take a few stalks of lillies and some carnations, neatly wrapping them. Then, I set off for Daichi's house. A terrace house down the street.

Yui welcomes me warmly as she opens the door. I pass her the bouquet of flowers and the tin of cookies. She smiles at me so brightly. Guilt once again creeps up my heart.

"Where's Daichi?" I look around, then realising that the man of the family isn't around. "He went to the supermarket to get groceries." "Ah...I see. How's Rei? Does she miss me?" I give Yui a playful look.

Instead of replying, Yui points at my neck. "Congrats on getting a girlfriend!" She gives me a quick hug. "Wait. What?" She retracts back, puzzlement written all over her face, "That hickey...on your neck."

"Wait. What?! Um...That...that was from a one night stand. I forgot to cover it up when I came out. Don't tell Daichi. I somehow managed to conceal it from him yesterday with a high neck shirt. If it somehow gets to him, I will never hear the end of his nagging then." I stare at Yui with the most pitiful expression I can muster to support my lie. "Hahaha. I won't tell Dai-chan. Your secret is safe with me. You should really settle down though, playing around isn't too good." She gives me a wink. "But...Miss Right hasn't reached out to me yet." The lie rolls off my tongue almost naturally. I fake a pout. "I'm sure you'll find her soon." She gives me a pat on my back and goes off the find a vase for the flowers. I smile mildly and button my shirt all the way up, glad that I chose a collar shirt even on this hot summer's day.

Just then, Rei crawls out, babbling. Our conversation is forgotten as we entertain ourselves with the adorable two-year old. She does like the cookies, for which I'm glad.