Chapter 28

*Daichi's POV*
"Suga-" I walk into the room finding Suga smiling at Rei. The smile soon fades, replaced with a gentle touch of melancholy. I sit by his side, lightly tapping his shoulder. "Let's go outside for a short stroll ok?" He nods in agreement and meekly follows me.

"Daichi, I've never had so much fun in a long while. Thank you..." He starts off in a quiet voice and slowly breaks off. He looks down, staring at his sandalled feet. For a moment, he seemed to be saying goodbye. However, he quickly looks up and smiles.

"Suga...Koushi...I... When we were at the bath, the tension free relaxing atmosphere between us like before... Is there really no chance for us to go back to how we were? Will you not give me a chance to....to- uh...I-I..." Something snaps in me and I just close my eyes, blurting out the first thing on my mind.

"I love you K-Koushi... Will you give me a chance?" I blink open my eyes, holding my breath, scared of his answer. I am greeted by his wide eyes, him seemingly unable to comprehend what I had just said. Time slowly passes. Under the dim lighting, I see a light tint of pink forming on his cheeks.

I prepare for a positive answer, heart racing faster and faster, only to fall back to sorrow when he shakes his head rigorously.

"I..."
A long pause.
"I...I..."
Suga falls silent.

"Is that a yes?" I ask, hoping, no, praying for a miracle.

"Yes." His answer so soft I can barely catch it.

I grab him by the shoulders and force my lips on his in that moment of overflowing bliss. He freezes for a moment. Then he gives in, hands moving up to cup my face as he accepts my kiss. We become a mess of intertwined tongues and forceful lip sucking.

After what seemed like forever, I move away unwillingly, still not wanting to go back and face reality.

"I love you Koushi..."

"Me too."