Chapter 7

*Suga's POV*
I clamber up the stairs and watch from the living room window in darkness till Daichi disappears from view.

Daichi hugged me. In the moment when he did, I felt ready to just break down with him. But no. I couldn't wouldn't and shouldn't do that. It would worry Daichi. Everyone saw me as the one who was always smiling and an emotional support pillar, Daichi especially. I couldn't let him down.

I had already gotten used to lying and hiding my emotions ever since I entered my third year of highschool. Unable to represent my team as a starting member for the sport I loved, the sadness, I couldn't show. It would make everyone feel guilty. The pain I felt when Daichi broke down after we lost to Itachiyama. He had hid his pain from the team and cried alone. I found him and stayed by his side, helpless, unable to ease his pain. When Daichi started dating and got married, it had hurt so much but I knew that Yui would give him the happiness he needed and a normal family so I enthusiastically suported their relationship the best I could. Yui, I knew, loved Daichi more than anything. And Daichi was a faithful, honest, responsible man. They were perfect for each other.

I laugh softly to myself as I step into the shower. I was tired after a whole day of pretending i'm fine. Sleep would be the perfect remedy for me although I know fairly well that sleep would only kick in in the wee hours of the morning.