Chapter 17

*Suga's POV*
"You know, sometimes I too wonder why..." I whisper, heart broken. I hug Daichi back, running my fingers down his spine to pacify him.

"Family of Yui Michimiya?" Daichi immediately stands up. I talk to the doctor as Daichi rushes into the room. Seeing Daichi grab Yui's hand makes me wonder why I'm still here. I leave them alone so they can reconcile, so they can be happy again.

1pm, my watch shows.

I walk out into the bustling city life. Maybe they'll be hungry. I get them lunch.

When I get back, I find Daichi sleeping beside Yui. I leave the food on the table.

Yui stirs. "Koushi." she barely manages to speak, voice hoarse. "Daichi doesn't love me. Did you know?"

I slowly nod my head.

"For...how long..."

"A year..."

She laughs, eyes filled with hurt. "Daichi loves someone else..."

My eyes widen. Daichi couldn't have. He wouldn't cheat on Yui. The Daichi I know wouldn't.

"Daichi does not cheat... He is an honest man Yui. He would never cheat on you...intentionally..."

"He...would never. I know. But he loves another." Yui's eyes brim with tears as she forces a laugh.

"He loves you."

Admist the weak glow of happiness and relief was a dull ache in my heart.

So...I broke their family.

I was the one who caused them to be unhappy.