Chapter 33

*Suga's POV*
Seeing Daichi had gone to shower, I scrambled out of bed to get a whiff of fresh air. Wait...bed? My brain takes a while more to process before coming to the conclusion that Daichi might have carried me there. Slowly, my cheeks heat up.

I walk out into the garden and am greeted by the cool morning air. Unknowingly I start to sing. These past few days had felt like a dream, a beautiful one.

A long time ago I composed a song, when I had first fallen head over heels for Daichi. I liked to sing it back then regardless of where I was. It represented my feelings and it made me happy just to be able to be around Daichi.

When Daichi started dating Yui, the song started to have variations. I would twist the words to suit the bitterness I felt. But now the song finally sounds happy again. Even if it's short lived, I am truly happy.

I end the song, planning to head back inside. I hear Daichi's voice. "Suga..." He said. "I never knew..." How long had he been there? It is terribly embarrassing to be caught singing. I turn around. Daichi has a look of nostalgia and sorrow. "Why didn't you tell me back then... I never knew that you liked me for so long. The song... Was it for me, right from the very start?" Like is an understatement. I love Daichi. Then and now. "I fell for you the first day we met" I pause. "Silly how drama scenes like falling in love at first sight actually happened to me. And i used to mock it too... Well I never got a chance to tell you how I felt. I was just happy being your friend, I never wished for anything else. And soon, you dated Yui. So I never got a chance even if I wanted to. I mean you got your happiness. I...was happy for you too... But then your happiness, I ruined it. If I hadn't slept with you that night, nothing would have happened..." I can feel my vision start to blur.

"Hahahaa... Enough about the dreary topics. And well, the song was always for you. I probably wrote it...to maybe give the subtlest hints to you about my feelings a......" I stop myself just in time. Anytime longer and I would have blurted out how that song kept me sane.

I cover my face to wipe away the tears. "It's hot today isn't it... I am sweating like crazy." I finish wiping my face and look up at Daichi.

He is crying...