Chapter 25

"You cry not because you miss someone but because you don't want to ever think about him/her."

*Suga's POV*
I told myself the moment i reached Kyushu -- I would forget even if I didn't want to. I had to forget or else I would never forgive myself. And so I tried... but his face kept coming back. I busied myself, working in a cafe full time from morning till evening and working as a freelance designer in my spare time. It never worked.

Futures together, kisses we would share, fun we would have... All in my head. Daichi became a dream, one that I didn't want to wake up from. Sadly, dreams always end. I would find myself crashing back to reality over and over again. Daichi in my dreams became the sole reason of my survival, me clinging onto the tiny spark of hope that one day, I could forgive myself and see him again.

Just that now, I realise that whatever I fantasized is only and always...a dream.

My phone rings and I pick it up, still partially in a daze.

"Hello?"

"Suga?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you come with Rei and I to Kumamoto? It's a one day one night trip. But if you're busy never mind..."

I find myself agreeing.

"Really? I'll book train tickets and the inn rooms!"

The phone goes on dial tone.

I spend the next few hours planning our trip to Kumamoto with Daichi via Line.

Maybe... just maybe... I can save myself.