Chapter 11

*Yui's POV*
I wake up quite early in the morning, my body clock having adjusted to my normal wake up timing. I slowly open the door and step outside. Rei is still snuggled in the cradle with Daichi sleeping on the cushioned chair beside her. I turn away, memories from yesterday flashing in my mind. I grimace. Grabbing my keys, I head out.

I wander aimlessly around town.

"Yui! Watch out!" I stop and turn around. Koushi looks at me with worry shining in his eyes. "..." He points to something beside me. "The lampost. You were about to walk into it." He laughs a little. "You should be more careful." "Oh ok. Thanks." I start to walk away, Koushi had been the last person I wanted to see, especially this early in the morning. "Why not come in and sit for a while? You look like you need some caffeine and I do have some." He winks at me.

In the moment, the wink seemed like the most repulsive thing he could do. I feel my face scrunch up into an expression of disgust. I quickly look down and start to move away. "So...you know what happened..." I could barely catch that, but I did. I stop. "So what." I give him a pained smile. "I'm cursed with the knowledge that my husband is having an affair. It could have been anyone. Why you? Why you...I trusted you Koushi..." Tears once again forms in my eyes.

Koushi pulls me inside the shop.