Chapter 5

*Yui's POV*
Dai-chan comes back from the supermarket as the sky starts to turn dark. Rei-chan is whimpering for food. We all head out to eat. I settle behind with Rei and Kou-chan gets into the passenger seat beside Dai-chan. I can sense a slight tension between them. Did they have an argument when Dai-chan stayed over at Kou-chan house yesterday?

We finally find a family restaurant with vacancy and settle down to eat. Rei and I on one side, Dai-chan and Kou-chan on the other end.

Dai-chan is acting weird. Not only just now, but the whole day. He had been giving Rei and I little glances, guilt painted in those bright eyes of his. Those eyes of his never lie, not then, not now. Seeing those bright eyes of his clouded gave me a bad premonition. What did he do? Why is he staring at us like that?

Kou-chan is still as refreshing as ever, bringing up light topics with his tinkling laughter. Dai-chan however, looks forlorn. He still smiles, is as courteous and charming as ever, still looks at Rei with overflowing affection, but he is overly cautious with Kou-chan. I can sense worry radiating from him and something else.

As we got home, Kou-chan sat in the back with Rei and I, obviously trying to avoid the awkwardness that will be present if he were to sit at the front. The drive home was silent, Rei having fallen asleep.

Dai-chan walks Kou-chan home.