Chapter 16: Sports Festival Arc (Part 3)

-Reader-

"Jackass..."

After the so-called pledge, Midnight announces the preliminaries of the Festival will be an Obstacle Race 4 kilometers around the stadium. 

"Alright...Limbs loose, rubber goose! Let's do this!"

Mom:"Wait!"

I froze a little as I remembered that mom was still inside my head. I sighed in relief as if I though I was going insane.

"Phew, jeez, you scared me mom.."

Mom:"Before you do anything, I want to wish you good luck, GOOD LUCK HONEY! MAKE ME PROUD!"

"AHH! my fucking ears!"

Mom:"Now get in there!"

"You know what? Honestly I'm not gonna be able to run with the crowd so I decided to use my brain instead of brute force."

Mom:"Are you my son? Who the hell are you?"

"I hate you mom.."

Mom:"There he is!"

"Ugh..."

I groaned as I stayed back beside Midoriya who was freaking the hell out about the race. I placed my hand on his shoulder and talked him off of his nervousness.

"Hey dude, calm the fuck down. You're not gonna die, just remember to think thoroughly."

Midoriya:"S-sure...thanks F/n."

"You're welcome, also, I'd like to team up, I'll help you get to your head start while you try and tell me your plan."

Midoriya:"Isn't that illegal?"

"Hey, it's only illegal if you get caught!"

The race begins and all the participants struggle to exit through the stadium door. They get packed into a mob by the narrow corridor as their first obstacle.

I saw Shoto realizing this and makes his move by freezing the pathway and racing ahead of all the others.

Even though many contestants are frozen in place, I saw the four of Katsuki, Momo, Yuga, and Kirishima avoid the ice and stay on Shoto's back. Many other students remain close behind them and Shoto's surprised to see that so many were able to avoid his attack. Minoru manages to reach Shoto and tries to attack him, but is knocked away by a villain bot.

I kept up my pace equally to Midoriya as I jumped up and kicked down the villain bot. I grabbed Midoriya's arm and dragged him across the ice park Shoto made while avoiding the slippery floor.

Many villain bots suddenly reveal themselves as the second obstacle, blocking the path of the participants. Some of the villain bots are the Zero-point robots from the Entrance Exams that cause many students to panic, but not Shoto, as I saw.

"Damn that guy is fucking serious."

Midoriya:"W-whoa..oh dear..*dizzy*"

He remains calm and expresses his desire to face a more difficult obstacle and proceeds to freeze an entire giant villain bot solid with ease. Shoto immobilizes the giant robot off balance and runs underneath it before it falls into the path of the remaining students. 

"Nice trick, two face! But that ain't gonna slow US down!"

Then suddenly other villain bots confront Izuku and I , and instead of quaking in fear like at the entrance exam, he decides to commit himself devising a strategy while I hold the bots for him to think.

Shoto has gotten out to an early lead in the Obstacle Race after freezing a giant Zero-Point Villain, and leaving it behind as a blockade for the other competitors. I saw the both Eijiro and Tetsutetsu get trapped underneath the frozen robot, but break out using their similair defensive quirks. Eijiro is disheartened to learn Tetsutetsu's quirk is almost the same as his own. Katsuki uses his explosions to move around in the air and rocket over the remaining robots, and he is quickly followed by Sero and Tokoyami. 

In a panel outside the course..

Watching from the stands, Pro-Hero Snipe comments that all the race leaders are from Class 1-A. Shota Aizawa comments that the Class has grown from battling villains, and have learned not to hesitate. Many students from the Class fight their way through the Villain Bots, including Izuku and F/n. Izuku uses a plate from the debris created when Shoto first destroyed the Zero Point Villain to slash through a Villain Bot that was targeting him.

-Reader-

"Oh! I got what you're fucking going with this Izuku!"

I shouted as I saw him rip out a plate from the destroyed Zero-Point villain bot. I took another one too but it was smaller and kind looked like a skateboard.

The next obstacle is The Fall: a canyon that can only be navigated by walking along tightropes.

"Goddamn it..."

I groaned then sighed as a student from the support course decides to make herself known so she can show off all of the gear she developed. Her name is Mei Hatsume, as she was always curious about my teleportation abilities outside of chapters, and she explains students in the support course can use their equipment to level the playing field with students in the Hero Course. Mei uses her gadgets to cross the fall and leave Mina and Ochaco behind.

I kept carrying both steel plates we took from the villain bots as Midoriya was sitting on the top. Once I reached the edge, I conjured up a ball of teleportation as I threw it upwards.

"Midoriya! Hold on!"

I shouted as I kicked the ball as far as possible to reach the other side of the bridge. We both teleported to that point as I kept running.

Shoto is the first to clear the fall, but Izuku, me and Katsuki is gaining on him. I bet the fans in the crowd comments on how Shoto's Quirk, as well as his physical abilities make him stand out.

Despite his lead, Shoto is put at a disadvantage when he reaches the final obstacle: The Mine Field. Shoto has to trek carefully through the mine field and is eventually caught by Katsuki, who is still using his explosions to fly through the air. He catches Shoto and tries to blast him with an explosion. Katsuki remains irritated that Shoto bothered to challenge Izuku and not him, and the two start to battle for first place. 

Katsuki:"GODDAMMIT YOU FREAK!!"