Chapter 25: Gran Torino

Izuku meets Gran Torino at his house and is instantly thrown off by the old man's bizarre demeanor. Not only does he pretend to be dead after falling with a plate of sausages and ketchup, but he also constantly asks Izuku his name and forgets it immediately afterwards.

Concerned Gran Torino isn't the in the correct mental state to train him, Izuku tries to make a call to All Might, and then notices Gran Torino going through his new costume.
Suddenly the old man's attitude changes completely to a more serious tone when he asks Izuku to try and hit him with a One For All Smash.

Then he goes right back to his clueless state, prompting Izuku to try and excuse himself. Then, in an instant, F/n blasts through the door, completely breaking it due to his speeding impact.

-Reader-

"Am I late?"

I asked Izuku who was scared half to death by me. I look to my right and saw All Might's mentor.

Izuku:"Well, you're not late..!"

He said panting, I also had a suitcase sent to my home since they had something for me to use instead of my created cheap suit.

Gran Torino:"So, what kind of freak show are you sonny?"He asked smirking at the both of us.

Gran Torino:"Go suit up, scrawny over here's gonna go first."

He ordered as Izuku nodded, I chuckled a bit and opened up the suitcase. I smiled as I grabbed my superhero suit and dashed to the bathroom.

Inside the suitcase was a mettalic silver coat, black jeans, a Pink Floyd shirt, a Sony Walkman, silver goggles, and reinforced sneakers

While I was in the bathroom, changing of course, all I heard was bullets whizzing across the living room. I got out and saw Gran Torino holding Izuku's head down on the ground.

"The fuck happened to you..?"

-Recap-

He comments that Izuku used his Quirk far too recklessly during the Sports Festival and All Might hasn't been teaching him well. Izuku makes the connection between Gran Torino's bizarre personality and All Might's, realizing that he is truly All Might's teacher.

Gran Torino continues using his Quirk to move quickly around the room, often striking Izuku from behind. Izuku eventually reads his movements and attempts to punch him, but Gran Torino avoids it and pins Izuku to the ground, defeating him.

-Reader-

"Nevermind..the recap told me."

Gran Torino:"You're up next kid."

I cracked my neck and let him use his Quirk to bounce all over the place, I knew I had to keep track on him so I just used my speed to keep my eyes locked on.

Gran Torino:"Behind you!"

I heard him say as he bounced off a wall and tried to subdue me. I dodged to the left and used my Quirk to dash for the nearest 7 Eleven store.

What went down..

He ran back to the old man's house and saw him slowly bouncing off a broken microwave. He sighed and caught Gran Torino and made him stand in front of him while sipping from his Frozen Juice.

Gran Torino:"What in the..?"

Izuku:"I forgot to tell you that F/n has this unusual Quirk where his speed is faster than the eye could see."

Gran Torino:"Well, that's enough for today, tomorrow, I'll train you two again."

Gran Torino looks at F/n who instantly got spooked by him holding a new microwave. F/n laughed and plugged the microwave onto the socket.

Gran Torino:"You need to control your speed, you're too fast."

"You're too slow."

-Reader-

"You need to fully control your Quirk so you won't get injured when punching someone."

Izuku:"I don't know how.."

"Eh, maybe old man's got a trick for that."

Izuku:"What about your speed?"

"I'll manage, having this kind of speed is fun."

Izuku:"So what was top speed?"

"I dunno, the farthest I've gotten is 4091 meters per second."

Izuku:"E-eh?! Which is 9151 miles per hour! That's how fast you are?!"

"Yep."