Chapter 21: Sports Festival Arc (Part 8)

-Reader-

"*sigh*..."

Izuku mulls over his matchup and his opponent tries to ask him a question. Izuku recognizes him from his challenge to Class 1-A, but Mashirao doesn't allow him to talk to Hitoshi.

I bet Shoto hopes that Izuku advances so he can defeat him himself, Katsuki doesn't recognize Ochaco's name and Mei Hatsume pitches something to Tenya. The recreational games commence and many of the finals qualifiers use the opportunity to prepare themselves.

After Cementoss finishes building the fighting arena, the finals begin. Izuku prepares to take the stage, but All Might finds us and they talk about One For All. I on the other hand was drinking my Diet Coke.

Izuku believes he's only gotten to the finals because of others support and luck, but All Might encourages him to stand tall.

"That's right Izuku, show em' who's boss!"

Izuku:"Thanks F/n!

All Might:"Now go! Young Midoriya!"

"Good luck!"

I shouted and proceeded to the rest of Class 1-A's row. I sat beside Ochaco and just on the front of Tenya's seat.

Inspired, Izuku takes the stage to battle Hitoshi. However, Hitoshi taunts Izuku about Mashirao and gets him to talk, activating his brainwashing Quirk. Many people watch in horror as Izuku is immobile in the middle of the ring.

"Oh sweet fuck..I guess he forgot.."

Inside the ring...

The first match of the finals is underway, but Izuku has stopped into his tracks. Present Mic attritibutes this to Shinso's Quirk. Aizawa comments that the match is an example of why the U.A. Entrance Exam is flawed.

Hitoshi has a powerful Quirk, however he was not admitted to the hero course because the practical exam was based on scoring points by fighting robotic villains. 

His Quirk: Brainwashing, allows him to control anyone that talks to him. He orders Izuku to walk out of the ring, to which he's forced to comply. Izuku starts walking towards the edge of the ring and All Might yells for him to stop, but to no avail. In Izuku's head, he struggles to stop himself because his mind is clouded. He also remembers what Mashirao told him before the match. Mashirao explains that during the Cavalry Battle he was under Hitoshi's control until he bumped into Ibara. Izuku could have avoided being brainwashed had he not talked to Hitoshi, and now theres no outside interference to break Hitoshi's hold. 

Izuku begins to give up hope as he edges closer and closer to the out of bounds line, but then he mysteriously recieves vision of nine silhouettes.  Suddenly One For All's power activates and Izuku is able to move his fingers just enough to break them and regain control of his own body. 

Hitoshi watches in dismay and tries to get Izuku to talk to him again. Izuku takes a moment to ponder how he activated One For All, but puts it aside to finish the fight. Hitoshi realizes that Mashirao warned Izuku beforehand, as Izuku refuses to talk. He continues to try and force a reaction out of Izuku by talking about how his Quirk puts him at a disadvantage and how Izuku is blessed to have a heroic Quirk.

Although Izuku feels for Hitoshi and can relate to him, he continues to fight and tries to push him out of bounds. Hitoshi punches him in the face and in his broken fingers to break his hold. He tries to push Izuku out of bounds, but the latter counters with a shoulder throw that sends Hitoshi out of bounds. 

Having been defeated, Hitoshi remembers his past. At Nabooh City Junior High, many of Hitoshi's classmates comment on how his Quirk is very villainous. Hitoshi gets used to being looked at as the bad guy, but has always stayed headstrong in his desire to be a hero. The match ends with Izuku as the winner, and Aizawa comments on how Izuku used every trick he's picked up at U.A. to win the match.