Chapter 20: Sports Festival Arc (Part 7)

Shoto brings Izuku to the Student and Faculty Entrance, but his reason is unknown to Izuku. Izuku says that they should get lunch before they run out of time, but Shoto continues his cold intimidation and ignores him. When Shoto finally speaks, he says the power that came from Izuku during the Cavalry Battle was the same as All Might.

Then, much to Izuku's shock, Shoto asks if the he's is All Might's "secret love child". Izuku tries to explain that isn't the case, but Shoto figures out that their is a secret connection between the two. Shoto states that he is the son of the Number 2 Hero: Endeavor, giving him more reason to defeat Izuku.

Meanwhile, the two top Pro-Heroes meet on a set of stairs. Endeavor tries to ignore All Might, but All Might pursues him. He compliments Endeavor for his son's performance and asks for tips on how to train the heroes of the future. However, Endeavor refuses and only replies that Shoto will usurp All Might as the top hero one day.

Shoto explains to Izuku that Endeavor is obsessed with defeating All Might, and although he was never able to do it, he is still trying to. Endeavor used his money to buy out Shoto's mother's family to implement a Quirk marriage with the intent of creating a powerful child. That child: Shoto reveals that Endeavor only created him to annex All Might as the number one hero, and that all the memories of his mother are of her crying. He also says that his mother called his left side unbearable before pouring boiling water on his face. The reason Shoto has picked a fight with Izuku is because he wishes to show his father that he can win the festival without using his fire power.

Shoto leaves the area but Izuku stops him for a moment to declare that despite his inferior motivations, he will still do his best to defeat Shoto. Katsuki secretly listens to their conversation from a distance.

-Reader-

"That hit the spot....ahh~.."

I said with a satisfied moan after lunch, Present Mic announces that before the finals, participants can take part in recreational side games.

Soon, he and Aizawa, along with me, notice that along with the Cheerleaders hired by U.A., girls from Class 1-A are dressed as cheerleaders.

"What the fuuuuck..?"

I cursed while questioning if I'm allowed to see this. I guess they were fooled into wearing them by Denki and Minoru, much to Momo's dismay.

Momo:"Why did I have to be so gullible..."

"So? You all have been tricked by the two idiots huh?"

They all nodded in shame as I sighed in annoyance because of Denki and Minoru. I rubbed the back of my neck as I chuckled.

"What did those two say to get you all to do this..?"

Momo stood up straight with a red streak across her face. So was the other girls wearing the cheering outfits.

Momo:"W-well..We were told that you liked girls wearing this k-kind of outfit.."

Toru:"They said that it boosts your self esteem when...you hear girls wearing cheerleader outfits screaming your name..."

Kyoka:"So we decided to...y-you know..where these for you?"

Mina:"*sighs* and we've been tricked by using you as a reason.."

Ochaco:"You do know that we all love you right?"

It felt like a burning semi-truck falling out of the sky, crushing me when she said that. I soon grew gloomy, not by the fact that I do not like them back, but by me being so fucking dumb.

"Wut..."

Mom:"My boy...the most dense son is you.."

-TimeSkip-

Before the recreational games begin, Midnight instructs students to draw lots in order to organize matchups for the final round: a one on one fighting competition.

Eijiro and Sero explain to Mina that the final round of the festival differs every year, although it is always a one on one competition. I heard Ojiro withdraws himself from the competition before the lots are drawn, shocking everyone in his class.

"Wait? You're backing out?"

Ojiro:"Yep...I couldn't go on that by the fact that Shinso from the fact that I never knew how i got there. I'll just stay back and supervise so I can give you all a proper guide to win."

"Well, good for you, no more fucking stress and nervousness. Check out Izuku there."

I smirked as we all looked at Izuku who was mumbling gibberish again. I chuckled and looked back at Ojiro.

Ojiro:"Thanks for the understanding."

"No prob!"

He points out that he was used as a puppet by Hitoshi Shinso during the Cavalry Battle, and his pride won't allow him to continue without knowing how he got there. Shouda Nirengeki from Class 1-B also requests to resign, feeling that he does not deserve to participate in the finals.

Midnight allows them to withdraw and decides that the newly opened spots will be filled in with members from the fifth place team: Team Kendo.

However, Itsuka Kendo gives the opportunity to Team Tetsutetsu because they fought harder during the Cavalry Battle. With all the participants set, Midnight discloses all of the matchups for the first bracket:

I look at it and sighed to see that my opponent will be the first one to win his first bracket on the chart. I began to sip on my drink's straw before walking away.

F/n L/n vs. ?????

Izuku Midoriya vs. Hitoshi Shinso

Shoto Todoroki vs. Hanta Sero

Ibara Shiozaki vs. Denki Kaminari

Tenya lida vs. Mei Hatsume

Mina Ashido vs. Yuga Aoyama

Fumikage Tokoyami vs. Momo Yaoyorozu

Eijiro Kirishima vs. Tetsutetsu

Katsuki Bakugo vs. Ochaco Uraraka