Chapter 2: Goku arrives, time to get serious!

I heard something swift hit the air as I landed on something that was hard but soft. I opened my eyes and looked down.

Arms? And a chest? What the-?

I followed the chest up to a face. I blinked twice.

"Are you getting into trouble again Yin? I thought I said you can't throw your life away like that!"

I stared, then looked down.

"Flying Nimbus," I whispered.

I looked back up.

"GOKU, WHY AM I IN YOUR ARMS? I'M NOT A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS, I CAN KICK YOUR ASS IN MY SLEEP!!"

"ACK!!! YIN!!!"

I was set on the ground, crossing my arms with a frown. I sat myself down roughly.

"Damn boy. Touching me 'n shit."

I puffed my cheeks.

"Ne, Yin, how long has it been since we've seen each other?"

"Hmm? You got married. Duh. And I trained, far away, because that tournament gave me an idea on how I should go ahead and brush over you like I'm combing knots out of my hair."

I smirked.

"So, you got fight in you?"

He chuckled.

"Of course. You wanna tag team?"

I coughed into my hand, looking down.

"Nah, I threw my life away like paper, I gotta rest. Kick their asses, they're Saiyan from whatever the fuck."

I shrugged.

"Oh! They're like me."

I blinked twice.

"What?"

I blinked twice.

"MASTER ROSHI, NEVER MAKE ME GO ON LONG TRIPS AGAIN!!!"

I growled, feeling something pour out of my mouth slowly. Goku leaned down and wiped the corner of my lips.

"Is that blood?"

"Hmm?"

I wiped it myself and checked.

"So, it is. Huh. Didn't pay attention. Hey Krillin, you think it was probably when that bald guy punched me in the jaw?"

"Probably the force you put into punching his jaw. You were fighting pretty well, we should spar sometime!"

The kid stood in front of me, probably inspecting my injuries.

"You're able to withstand the fight between yourself and that guy. How?! Even Tien and Yamcha couldn't do that."

"Hmm? If I now wasn't told I've been fighting an intergalactic dude all these years, I'd ask you the same question, but that guy fought like Goku would, same power I mean. I thought about it. If I stay on par, no way I could get hurt, but I was clearly mistaken."

I shut my eyes.

"I need to regain strength. I can't just be like this. Krillin, you were right."

"Aren't I always?"

"Don't push it."

I looked at him with one eye open. I slowly got up.

"I got a little more fight with me. I'll combo with y-."

"No. You sit, and rest. I'll take care of this."

I blinked twice. A hand tugged on the end of my pants. I looked down.

"It's better if you do. You might have internal injuries."

I sat down.

"Hmm... Are you sure you're Goku's son? You sound smart, and you're analyzing a lot. Hmm... You're pretty cool."

I grinned. I coughed more before falling backwards.

"I'm gonna take a nap."

I shut my eyes with a grin. I felt a kick.

"We just got Goku back, don't start dying too. We won't resurrect you for a while."

I waved Krillin off.

"I'll spend time in hell, no biggie."

I yawned.

By the end of the fight, I was staring down at a crushed Goku.

"You look fucked up," I giggled in pain.

"How do you look better than me?"

I sat next to him, looking at the sky. I shrugged.

"Maybe it's because I said I was buying time for you to come. Now that that's over, I'll go back home. Master Roshi probably wants me to get more of that fruit. Damn pervert."

I stood. Goku grabbed onto my leg.

"Why don't you stay? We need to catch up?"

"GOHAN!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

I remember that familiar voice.

"...I gotta run. You have a moment to catch up with. You've been dead for a year, right? Go say Hi to your wife."

I walked off.

"Ugh... Yin!"

"Bye Big Guy! Tell the others I said Hi! And I'll be at the Kame House if you wanna catch up!"

I winked, flying away. I arrived at the Kame House late. Placing my feet on the sand, I get on my knees and breathe.

"How was your trip," Master Roshi asked as he walked out.

"Shitty."

"Oolong prepared dinner. Come inside so we can heal your injuries."

I weakly stood, heading inside.

"How was Goku? Is he well?"

"Yep."

I nodded.

"Seems like him. We saw the fight."

"Yep, pretty weak of me am I right? To sit there and wait for help to ACTUALLY arrive?"

"No, it was smart. You didn't want to exert yourself, and you knew where your weaknesses lie."

"Why didn't you tell me Goku was a Saiyan?"

"When he died, we only recently acquired the knowledge."

"Oh. I see. I don't really care, I was just caught off guard, but I guess I was able to withstand the fight because of that, right?"

"No."

"Hmm?"

"You did it because of your own power. You can withstand a lot, from where you came from."

"Mhm... That's right. I'm a pain absorbing machine."

"Right you are. Now rest on the couch, I'll tell Oolong you've returned."

"Thanks."

I nodded my head and laid there quietly.