Chapter 16: The Aftermath

I was watching the Games. Luna was sitting up with me too. I leaned forward.

"C'mon... Go Gohan go!"

"Go Gohan Go!"

I blinked twice. I turned my head. Luna raised her fists up.

"Go Gohan Go!"

"You... MY BABY SAID HER FIRST WORDS!"

I held her up.

"You're so bright! You'll be great!"

I twirled her around as she giggled.

"Your brother will be the winner! And he'll defeat Cell!"

"Go Gohan Go!"

It was afterwards. I held Luna close in my lap as I waited for a knock on the door. I took a few deep breaths.

"They'll be home, and when they get home, we'll be back to normal. Just think about that Luna."

"Go Gohan Go!"

"Right!"

I nodded my head.

It was late, until I heard a knock on the door. I got up, slowly walking as I hesitated to open the front door. I stared. I grabbed the door handle, twisting it. The door opened. I looked behind it, only seeing Gohan. I smiled.

"There's the winner. Where's your Dad? We all gotta celebrate."

"That's the thing... Mom?"

I stared.

"...I'm sorry..."

...

I looked down.

"Right... he died, didn't he?"

"Mom... If it makes you feel any better, he'll come back! He'll even be better than before."

I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"He better come back. He still has a promise to me, and he never breaks his promises."

I smiled.

"Now, c'mon in. I'm sure you're hungry. Luna wouldn't mind being with her big brother after all. After all that cheering she did."

He walked in. Luna propped up.

"Go Gohan Go!"

Gohan laughed.

"Well hey to you too!"

"Go Gohan Go!"

I giggled.

"Alright champion. What do you wanna eat? I'll make anything for you. You saved the world after all."

"Umm... I don't know," Gohan sat in front of Luna.

"Alright, well, in that case, we'll have BBQ. I'll fire up the grill and we'll have a fantastic time."

Goku... You better return. If not now, then soon...